JC Cosmo Horn installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC Cosmo Horn installed

In keeping with the OEM as possible build I didn't want to just throw on a BMW low/high tone horn as I would normally.

I also wanted to go obscure for the sake of going obscure, because pretentious.

Nothing says obscure like a horn you can't even find a sound clip of so I picked up a Cosmo horn on ebay for like $20.

It's spec'd 10dB above the BP horn, 105 vs 115. They're both made by the Knight Horn company as well. I can't find much information on them to be honest.

I took it apart because I could. It looks really over-engineered to me.

Here is my best attempted at a comparison video. Production quality is quite high!

The Cosmo horn is 10dB louder on paper and 15 db louder at 20ft in application. The horn location on the the BG with the USDM bumper is not optimal as the bu...
    Last edited by Kitty; 12-11-2015, 02:00 PM.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

thanks for sharing the video!!!
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Glad to share it, it's neat to see the analytics from the video as well. A decent number of robots in the Netherlands are apparently interested in the horn.

As an added not the amperage on the horn is 3.5amps. I need to check the factory horn but I think it's 2a originally. The horn relay is either rated either 10 or 20a so it won't be a problem but it does show how much more demanding the big horn is.

Another fun note the manufacturer part number is TYPE K M-115 and it's clearly lined up to be the next in the line from the RX7 horn number of M-110.

All useless information but I think it's neat looking up the parts mazda subcontract out. Similar to those Yumex mufflers.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

damn, cool bit of info. im going to have to make a JY run soon and rummage around out there. where/how did you find the db specs?
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Most diaphragm horns have it stamped on the back.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Working...
          X