Oil in coolant but no coolant in oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil in coolant but no coolant in oil?

I looked online and it's too broad of an issue so I thought I'd check with some 323 guys to see if you guys can help me pinpoint the cause. As the title says oil in coolant but no coolant in oil. The car runs great so I wouldn't think a head gasket but idk. Any help is appreciated tia.
    1987 Mazda 323 DX 1.6l 5 spd, KYB Exel-G struts w/ stock coils, hybrid cai, cut exhaust, custom 5 blade fan upgrade

I don't know what engine you have but check the engine oil cooler. Possible it's no good and causing the issue.
    91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

I have the 1.6l
      1987 Mazda 323 DX 1.6l 5 spd, KYB Exel-G struts w/ stock coils, hybrid cai, cut exhaust, custom 5 blade fan upgrade

Comment

No oil cooler on the DX with the sohc B6. Bad head gasket is the likely cause. Was the motor over heated?

Comment

Not that I know of. The guy before me said he never had any problems with the car. Is there a way I can test if the head gasket is shot?

Comment

It also never seems to get warm. Idk if that has anythi g to do with head gaskets. It's cold when I drive but as soon as I stop the needle climbs to the middle of the gauge.

Comment

Automatic trans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92 GT GTX Autox machine Dead and gone

98 ZX2 Currently rusty Need a new car

Comment

If so then you have a bad tranny cooler in the radiator and your tranny may have some coolant contamination.

Comment

It's a 5 speed

Comment

Next question. Pictures?

Comment

I'll bite,head gasket.check plugs, if the same,no idea,if abby normal,on one or more, leak down.Crap,leak down them all anyways!

Comment

I haven't had Wi-Fi for a couple days. Hopefully this pic helps.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Whats the radiator look like. That just looks like a coolant reservoir that has had the same coolant in it for 18 years

Comment

It's not though. I did a flush and put all fresh coolant in not long ago.

Comment

The rad looks pretty good as far as I can tell

Comment

Working...
                              X