found a capri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found a capri

in a local junk yard i found a capri. i want to get the parts to convert to rear disc but is there anything else thats worth looking for like swaybars or anything like that?

i got the complete hub assemblies form a local pick a part, $160 out the door. I didn't but the calipers though. They wanted $45 each and they would need a rebuild kit. I have found them fresh on summit racing for $65. I have the base with SOHC. I noticed the throttle body was significantly larger also. I have been wanting to go back and pick that too. The sway bar I would leave unless yours is damaged, there both 1/2 in thick.
    Last edited by giger323; 02-03-2016, 06:22 PM.

Comment

holy quick answer batman!!!
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Wow...160.00, a bit steep. You will also need the parking brake cables as well. If it is an xr2 the front bar will be bigger otherwise leave it. Rear knuckles here are 35.00 a piece and get new rotors and bearings so you start out right. New calipers are a good idea as well. On the throttle body, your sohc motor uses a 3 wire tps and the Capri's use a 4 wire so that won't work. If you remove the tps remember that you will need to recalibrate it per the FSM.

Comment

I'm aware of the TPS. My other concern was the different vacuume line orientation.

I will go grab this, hopefully in a week. I don't know if it was an xr2 or not. But I will check

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't quite remember but the shaft might be different between the two throttle body's whereas the tps will not swap.

Comment

The throttle body is 5mm larger I think. I ended up having to plug a few holes and drill a few out to make that same swap work on an 87 323, but an 88-89 is probably easier due to the different throttle body design that is closer to the Capri one.

It made no difference, but the engine has 273,000 miles on it and is getting quite tired.

Comment

Working...
              X