The screaming tomato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The screaming tomato

This is my 88' 323 I picked it up from the salvation army for $700 bucks.

95k original miles. I immediately charged the cracked radiator, thermostat and new brake lines up front. And Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings.

Next was struts all around and sway bar bushings. Then I decided to shoot the wheels white. I'm planning on doing some Rally-X events later this year.

I still have a few things left todo: skidplate, new motor mounts, fresh trans fluid, maybe poly linkage bushings in the rear and stiffer swaybar.
    I have picked some parts off of a Capri that will eventually make there way onto this. But I plan on starting in the stock class so it will have to wait.
    I am really pleased with how this thing drives. It's like a go-kart. The frwy is not so fun but city and canyon driving 👍👍👍

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by giger323; 02-03-2016, 06:46 PM.

hopefully you changed the oil as well

awesome find!!! i didn't know that the salvation army even sold cars(news to me)

glad you saved another piece of history
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yes I changed the oil. I'm still trying to figure the best Amsoil option for the trans

Comment

super clean.
        i sent you a pm, I have quite a few 2wd BF performance parts if your interested.
        5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Came out to a dripping what looks like and hoping, water pump. Getting my parts tomorrow.

Comment

changing the waterpump at least isn't too difficult with these
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I have a brand new atc clutch still in original packaging if you ever need one.. Cheap !

Comment

Water pump/timing belt done. Just waiting on a new tensioner pulley.
                I got a little inspired and threw some paint on it today

Comment

I got all the Whitline Bushings I could find. I freshened up all the rear arms and swaybar links. I just got all new strut mounts now I need to see if I can locate some stock springs or maybe something a little stiffer. I also got that rusted HIM exhaust taken care of and FINALLY no more drone

Comment

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

I went over to Welding Works in Orange, Ca to get this piece added in. I have been using Ollie for many years he's a great guy and fabricator/mechanic. There are always a bunch of Porsche 944's chillin in the lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

full exhaust now?

Comment

Nice...now work on the B6T swap and enter the realm of street sleeperdome.

Comment

I just deleted the rear muffler as it was rusting into oblivion.

Comment

I have done lots of searchs and havent come up with much for stock OE springs only lowering. My question is can I run 626 springs? or what else uses the same struts? looking for maybe some thing heavier to gain ride height and stiffness. I thought I read that some kia rio 94 springs would fit but im not sure what year 323 they were referring to in the post.

Comment

Search my name.. I have done a couple posts and other threads about the difference in bg and bf springs and shocks...

Comment

Working...
                              X