The screaming tomato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazycanadian View Post
    Search my name.. I have done a couple posts and other threads about the difference in bg and bf springs and shocks...
    It was an informing read thankyou.

I am going to order wagon springs as they are the only ones I can seem to find in a OE spec, everything else is lowered. I found this listing from france

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121891675285...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Rear
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/121891675063...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Front

I havent ordered yet but this is what i think i wil get

Comment

Looks like a fun car to go around curves with..

Comment

I got a fresh set of axels in this morning. The drivers side boot tore so I just swapped in two new ones and pressure washed the grime away. I'll reboot the originals and keep them as spares.
        I finally found OE speced springs! King Sprigs in AU I'm going to order them on the next payday. Model numbers:
        front KFFS-15
        Rear KFRS-16
        They aren't cheap $177 per pair shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Much progress has been made. I am also registered for my first rallyx event this weekend!

I found this giant crack, getting it repaired tomorrow.

Even got my hands on a trailer that it will just barely fit.
          Last week I swapped out a leaky old distributer seal for a fresh one. Changed some axle seal, changed the trans fluid, new NGK G-power plugs, wires and flushed the brake fluid.
          This morning I changed the front strut mounts. I'm pumped that this is nearly complete. I still want to get new springs all around and put discs on the back. New seats or reupholster the stock ones. And tires whenever the ones on it let of the tread is good but they are old and cracking.

Comment

Did our first rally x event today. The car held up and ran great. I will be buying a set of general altimax artic tires. Lots of fun. Can't wait for the next one in snow summit. The wife will be piloting that event.

Comment

looks like you had fun!
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

It was pretty fun I just wish I could of put down more throttle. I was t only one that didn't swap to extreme winter tires in the stock 2 class. I'm on the hunt now for some new rims too. Look on for 14s.

Comment

Look for used rally tires, you won't regret it - also start looking for a LSD for the rear. The car will become so much more fun.

Comment

Just throw it in the boot for some dead weight..this is a fwd car.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                      Just throw it in the boot for some dead weight..this is a fwd car.
                      Oh yeah, those cars exist.

*shrugs*

Comment

I got a set 14x5.5 from a honda accord. The S2 class only allows for street legal tires. The Firestone Winterforce was by far the most common tires in the stock class. But the next event is in a Ski resort parking lot so its asphalt but all jacked up from freezing.

Comment

I ran those tires for 2 or 3 seasons at Thunderhill RallyX, they will pop the bead when you hit the correct sized rut.
                          If that becomes a problem, I would consider scrounging-up a set of used rally tires. Yeah sure you'd be outclassed but they're cheap tires - and that shouldn't stop you from getting some seat time. Points are pointless. Invest in a GoPro and post up some vids!

Comment

I will get a GoPro.
                            I have added a few useless bits as well as some creature comforts.

I picked these up from a guy in San Diego.

And scored these at my local pick a part. $50 each out of a 07 mazda 3.
                            I am looking for a thicker steering wheel now. I wrapped the stock one but it's still like grabbing spaghetti. I'm use to the wheel in my SVT. I'll probly get a grant soon.

Comment

what did you need to do to fit the mazda 3 front seats?
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I was able to bolt them in with existing hardware from the mazda 3. But I had to cut off the 323 slide handle. I currently have two sets of sliders stacked up. The seats are too high and I will not be able to drive with a helmet. I have a long todo list tomorrow as I have long awaited weekday off.
                                1. Change out the springs to something stiffer. I have an assortment I have been collecting hoping something will work.
                                2. Paint the new set of wheels.
                                3. Try to figure put how to lower the passenger seat. Then the driver seat.
                                4. Oil pan gasket replacement. Mine seems to have a small leak.

Comment

Working...
                                X