Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E153...dogbox gear conversion, with 1:1 5th....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E153...dogbox gear conversion, with 1:1 5th....

A couple weeks ago, on another forum, someone from Gearmotive posted a link about some transmission case modifications that they're doing to the T50 transmission (found in RWD Corollas/AE86/Starlets etc.).

GearMotive is a racing car dogbox transmission manufacturing company. The GearMotive company locates in Sievi of the Nordic Finland.

I found this in-car rally video from a link on their site, and their build seems pretty sturdy:

People started asking about it, the price is not inexpensive, at around US$3k.

"Why the hell do we care about a T50 transmission?" you may ask.

Because of a comment he posted last night:

Originally posted by gearmotive
    Originally posted by yoshimitsuspeed
    I see you have a pic of an AW11 on your site. Do you have any transverse C or E series options?
    Great. We are manufacturing these all the time, but they are not just drop in option to OEM cases, cases require mods etc. So we build these on demand, though we are all the time having gear sets on stock, but building them on cases is done on demand.

We are having AW11 / Corolla FX 4AGE tranny model too (I'm not sure which C-series model is used where?) and during the spring have also E15x/E5x model available for Turbo MR2/Celica etc. models.

- Riku
    I put the important sentence in bold.

Now granted, the E153 is already a freakin' stout piece of work, and there's not an overwhelming need to change a good thing.

But I figured I'd at least share the information, since there might be one or two people who could find some use out of it. And it's a good excuse to watch some neat video....

--sarge

Hi there.

By an accident happened to find this thread and decided to give an update to this.

So yes, we are currently having E153 Tranny in our model range as well.

And even though it's a strong OEM tranny, now it's even much much stronger and having a dogbox functionality for all gears, which provides flawless shifting for very high revving engines. A real race product!

Some info available on FB site:
    https://www.facebook.com/gearmotive/...06655452892083
    https://www.facebook.com/gearmotive/...4683747089254/

If any interest or questions, throw me a message in FB or PM or something.

Thanks,
    Riku @ GearMotive

Comment

very interesting. does this system retain a reverse functionality?
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
        very interesting. does this system retain a reverse functionality?
        Yes, definitely That's the specialty there :D

Comment

Working...
        X