B6T Piston into B6ZE ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B6T Piston into B6ZE ??

Follow my country law, I can't swap the better Engine in my 2Gen Car(B6ZE engine).
    I have some idea , but don't know that can do or not.
    so post the thread , hope you can help me.
    I find the festiva B6T engine.
    Can I use B6T's piston,crankshaft to my 2gen familia?
    I just to want my engine stronger so that I can install Turbo Kit....
    thanks for your help..
    Last edited by mikachan; 03-25-2004, 05:45 AM.
    Ford Liata 1.6L --- Mod..
    All P&C Exhaust System,Fedear 205/45/16. WinnerPower 6 Pot Brake System,5MT,A&Z front 6kg/near 4kg Suspension kit......etc...

Do you mean piston?
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Yes, the B6T's pistons will fit in a B6ZE. They're essentially the same engine. (Different cams rods, pistons, and other minor parts). Note, however, that using the pistons from the B6T will lower your compression.
      -Kevin
      -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
      -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
      -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
      -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
      -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
        go for it... since you can't get a bigger engine... just swap in the b6t bits into your engine and bolt on the b6t turbo **** itself... intake manifold, piston, and cams are the only major difference
        the crankshaft and rods are the same... if you go for that b6t conversion, just get the pistons and cams for a good working engine... don't bother with the intake manifold since you'll have to redo a bunch of things because the throttle body comes in from the center (intake hose goes over the top of the engine)... theoretically a better design since it's a true equal length design versus the log style manifold most 4 bangers have.... but not worth the trouble converting
        Thanks for your kind help...
        Ford Liata 1.6L --- Mod..
        All P&C Exhaust System,Fedear 205/45/16. WinnerPower 6 Pot Brake System,5MT,A&Z front 6kg/near 4kg Suspension kit......etc...

Comment

I have a b6ze and am wondering people's thoughts on bolting on the b6t turbo.....leaving the internals stock.

Anyone done it before?

How'd mikachan go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X