Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Anyone Attempting The 97-02 Mirage Halo Swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No and yes, mine stick out all bug-eyed pretty far. In looking at the reference pictures I was using, if you actually do it correctly, they shouldn't.
    Manual EVERYTHING...

Comment

why would the conversion be illegal? Here's what my state (WI) statue (Trans305) says about highlights "Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a headlamp system meeting the specifications of the headlamp system with which the vehicle was originally manufactured." Wouldn't this conversion meet the original spec; I'd say it not only meets the spec it exceeds it. Or are you interpreting that to mean only the original light system counts?

Comment

Originally manufactired. Meaning the original oem headlights. Or new oem replacement if one broke etc.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was thinking these were factory for the Mirage. It appears that they are not. That makes my argument that they meet FMVSS a tougher sell. BTW, the FMVSS state that that when the switch is the the high beam position only the high beams can be on and lows only in the low beam position. There is an exception, but i did not dig far enough to find out if it would apply in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivet View Post
            I was thinking these were factory for the Mirage. It appears that they are not. That makes my argument that they meet FMVSS a tougher sell. BTW, the FMVSS state that that when the switch is the the high beam position only the high beams can be on and lows only in the low beam position. There is an exception, but i did not dig far enough to find out if it would apply in this case.
            That sounds like the stock protege headlamps, or what happens when the diode in this kit is removed altogether. But on most any modern car, this is not true in the slightest...
            Manual EVERYTHING...

Comment

Working...
            X