Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

97 Protege DX 1.5L stalls on startup when put under load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97 Protege DX 1.5L stalls on startup when put under load?

So this has been happening for a while now, more so on cold days than warmer days but still. If I start the car when its cold, then throw it into gear it stalls out and acts like it has flooded it. If I then try to re-start the car it takes a bit of cranking and feathering the throttle to get it to come back to life.

Now if I start the car and hold the throttle open for about 30 seconds or so then go, it won't stall out when put in gear, but will still run very rough until it warms up it seems.

I have replaced the disty cap and rotor, spark plugs and wires, injectors, fuel filter, pcv valve, checked the 02 sensors and many other things that I cant really come up with right now.

I do know that it seems like the distributor is leaking a small amount of oil. Not sure if that could be it.

Any ideas what could be causing it at this point?

None of the things you've replaced are related to cold running only issues.

Intake gasket leaks that seal once warmed up, idle gear, and engine temp sensor would be better parts to throw money at.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I figured they weren't part of what was causing it, just providing as much info as possible to hopefully get some good help on this issue. I'm going to go hunting for an intake leak today and fingers crossed that's the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X