No announcement yet.

Foofighter- KL swapped Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't called any shops yet. I was hoping to find more info from others doing the same thing before going any further

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by concealer404 View Post
      I'm sure there's a few dozen in his city, but i don't live there.

But yeah, that was my suggestion. Kinda peeved i can't find the thread i'm thinking of for reference so he has something to show a shop, though.
      I mean... how much of a reference do you need?

-remove part
      -take to radiator shop
      -"hey dogg can you weld a bung to this ****er right here?"
      -???
      -profit!

unless there's something I'm missing?
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

The "remove part" sucks because KL, unfortunately.

Comment

Plans have changed a little. I'm going to replace the Neon radiator. Not a great radiator anyway. Might look into making a custom one. Has anyone tried running a Civic radiator? It would make things a lot easier, since it will include overflow and should fit

Comment

downsizing radiators IMHO is always a poor idea
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Why not just put an inline venting radiator cap inline with the upper hose. Something like these: https://www.summitracing.com/search/...r-hose-fillers

Comment

The reason I think a Civic radiator might work well is every V6 swapped Civic I've seen uses those small radiators, and the one person Ive talked to that has done that swap says it works pretty good. I know someone on here has used a Civic radiator for their KL swap, just don't know how well it worked out for them. I might give it a try

Comment

Well, I can confirm that using the Neon rad with a Toyota Yaris filler spout (DORMAN 902680) works well. Use the cap from a later gen protege or MPV, STANT 10241, as it is 13 psi.

Comment

Looks really tidy! My issue running a stock Neon radiator was it would run hot shortly after driving through country roads quick. I've decided to use an aftermarket Neon radiator with a much MUCH thicker core. It should still fit. I'll probably need to weld a bend off the radiator for the upper hose so it doesn't sit on top of the valve cover. Also still not exactly sure what I'll do for the overflow

Comment

neat!
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by Foofighter8008 View Post
                        Also still not exactly sure what I'll do for the overflow
                        Use either an aftermarket inline hose spout or the Yaris one I posted above to get the fitting for the overflow.

I wonder why yours runs so hot.

Comment

Anyone know how I can get in touch with Ben (Concealer404)?

Comment

miataturbo.net
                            DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

So after well over a year of the car not running and having transmissions issues (was rebuilt improperly from the looks of things), I also recently found out the replacement engine has a blown head gasket. I've already dumped way WAY too much money into this car already, and then I find out this. I'm officially done with this car. I'll more than likely sell off the good parts once I get the car back, and send everything else to the dump. Shout outs to Ben for going MIA on me and his buddy for selling me a junk engine!

Comment

I received my KL swapped ZX2 with a ton of issues from previous owners failed attempt that took me years to sort out. But it is worth the fight when everything is fixed. If you need a radiator in the correct inlet/outlet that fits tight and is a thick core, look into a 1988 Toyota Van radiator. It's what I use, hope this helps keep your dream going.

Comment

Working...
                                X