No announcement yet.

Foofighter- KL swapped Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So yeah...gauge randomly starting working this morning. It must have been a loose connection

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, turns out the plug going to the harness from the coolant temp sender just needed a little adjusting

Comment

AWESOME!!! glad you found the issue
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

^ Me too. With dash apart, I might as well figure out how to calibrate the Protege rev counter. It's reading real high at the moment. I also got to get the speedo working, not sure how hard either are to do

Comment

So the coolant sensor on the engine itself had just a loose wire?

I know it's not transverse mounted, but on the OBD1 miata which uses the BP platform, I recently replaced the coolant sensor on the back of the block (for the miata). It was a pain in the butt and you have to remove heater hoses and solder with 6 inches of working space.

Are you talking about this sensor wire that goes to the spade connector? Cuz I don't think the ECU sensor interfaces with the gauge cluster.

Either way, nice fix! Having a temp gauge is important in these old tired cars
            1991 Protege LX 5MT, P/S, A/C, NOW Sun Roof!

Comment

Yep, loose connection on one of the plugs. It's called a temperature sender, which all it does is sends a reading to the temperature gauge

Comment

Got a set of Mazda window visors, but there's a small problem. I kinda bought them thinking they were going to work with my manual mirrors, but that's not the case. I have a set of power mirrors (conveniently white), but I was hoping to keep the manual ones, since they fit the 80's look I'm going for. Oh, decisions, decisions

Last edited by Foofighter8008; 10-15-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Hmm.. I am in need of some white power mirrors and might be interested in the visors... I also have generic rain guards on now that could be departed with.. PM me a price for the two?

Comment

Well, I just tried putting on the power mirrors, and for some weird reason, it doesn't want to fit in the hole (I wish I could say I had that problem before ). I remember these mirrors fit my hatch perfectly, so I guess sedans and hatches used slightly different mirrors.

Last edited by Foofighter8008; 10-15-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

sedan/hatch are indeed different
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

That's kinda unfortunate. I guess I'll use the mirrors for the hatch, unless someone wants them. I'll probably end up getting another set of power mirrors for the sedan as well.

Comment

I was doing some cleaning, and decided to take this pic. For a while now, I've been trying to collect all the grills I can get my hands on. The goal is to have nearly all of them, and constantly swapping them on the sedan. I'm up to 11, with 2 being on both my cars currently. Some of them aren't in great shape (the GTR grill's mounting clips are all broken, the big fog light grill's top was cut to fit cars with slant hoods, etc.) I'm missing a few obvious grills, and I'm not sure if I will ever find a Mazdaspeed fog light grill (not sure what it's called lol), but I'm getting there. I also got to get a slant hood one of these days.

Last edited by Foofighter8008; 10-15-2017, 03:17 PM.

Comment

holy collection batman

Comment

Nice collection! One day I'll have that red badge...

May I ask what the blue grille is from? I'm thinking... 323 BF? I love it.

And what is the white one with the infinity logo?

Comment

All the grills are for BG Proteges. The blue fog light grill I believe was a factory option in parts of Europe. The white grill comes from a Infini Protege, which was a limited run car sold outside the US

Comment

Working...
                                X