Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not an admin/mod of the CP group- gave eric & i think bo that when i shut down my FB account for awhile last year. i wouldn't mind cleaning some **** up. but then again its FB, why care/waste my time.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I don't get why people want to use Facebook instead of forums. Sure, Facebook has its place, but not for the kind of stuff that forums are meant for.

Also, I'm wondering about something. The other site that I frequent (overclock.net) has quite a few "game" threads (answer a question with a question, last post wins, etc), as well as a "one million post thread" (basically the equivalent of this). Of course those threads also tend to get meaningful discussions. Is CP too small for such threads, or is there a place for that?
      '87 Mazda 323 SL - daily driver, backup show car (being restored as I get time)
      '82 BMW 518i (E12/8) with 32/34 Weber and Simota cone - old show car (stolen)
      '70 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project to replace 518i - sold
      '99 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project

Comment

I don't know. What do you think?

I barely look at the FB page. I use it when it serves my needs but that's seldom.
        1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
        1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
        2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
        1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

I'd imagine that at this point CP is too slow for stuff like that. maybe five years ago...
          sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
          92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

I haven't even looked at the Facebook page. I don't visit the OCN page either. The closest I've looked at are the page that I'm managing for a local old car club, and an old BMW page (with lots of photos).

I know those extra threads work on OCN (some died out, of course, but others survived several thread locks (due to the thread becoming too large, then a continuation rises from the ashes)), but the thing is I'm not sure if CP has the "space" for it. Personally I found these threads a great place to just hang around when not posting about forum-related topics, or to ask a quick question without having to make a new thread.

In other news, I saw a very nice 323 200e (FE3-powered BF sedan). If I had more funds I would've asked the car guard to give my details to the owner next time he saw the car.

EDIT: Just saw the ninja post. That's what concerns me.

ANOTHER EDIT: I noticed some people have CP stickers on their cars, do they make them at print shops, or must they be bought? I don't want to stickerbomb the exterior of the Mazda, but I might add stuff like that in the engine bay, or on a seperate panel (for show use).
            Last edited by JKuhn; 05-29-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

PM me & we can talk colors available- i'll post some over to ya
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

If it works that way (suspected as much), I'll pass. Even if it's not expensive up front, there's too much effort required to get something here, and it's not worth it for a sticker.

Thanks though.

EDIT: Also, I don't want to give the authorities the wrong ideas (if I import three things in one year I have to register as an importer, and I'm not sure what counts as importing).

Comment

^ thats not considered importing. its just a simple letter. if you want stickers let me know & i'll send em your way

Comment

I'll think about it then, and discuss it with you if I decide to go ahead.

At this stage I'm not sure about it anyway.

EDIT: On a different note, I had a quick look at the Facebook group, and I still don't understand the appeal of using that over proper forums.
                    Last edited by JKuhn; 05-31-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

TIL the TSA considers a shifter to be too club-like to go in carry-on and had to make a last-minute run to check my bag for my flight home
                      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Quick question.

I'm looking at possibly sleeving the cables in the VW's engine bay with PC cable sleeves (braided). What colour(s) should look good in there? I already have more than enough UV yellow sleeving in multiple sizes, for anything else I'll have to order. I also have blue led strips that I can put in there, considering how dark the engine bay is in real life.

Also, people have mentioned their concern with engine heat and the nylon sleeves melting, but these things are rated for a max operating temp of 150C. So by my reasoning it should be fine, as long as I keep a bit of space between the sleeves and the engine/cooling system.

What it looks like now:

Comment

Question time. I had a compression test done on the VW, and the results were 650, 800, 650, 650 kPa (94 and 116 psi). Considering the workshop manual states 114-142, with a wear limit of 100 psi, how much difference should it make if the rings are done (assuming I don't get a nasty surprise while tearing the enigne apart)?

A wet test was not done, because the people got a bit confused with the readings and told me it was a good result (mismatching scales on the same tester). But maybe a second test should be done, because of that issue (the person who owns the tester checked, and got 10kg/cm^2 on the 650 kPa mark, hence the lack of a wet test). The test would have been done at another club member, but his tester didn't fit.

Comment

Just invented a drink, possibly. A friend is calling it Blockade Runner, so I'm going with that.

3 oz bourbon whiskey.
                            3 oz cold-brew coffee concentrate.
                            1 oz spiced rum.
                            Shake over ice.
                            Pour into tall glass and add half & half and sugar to taste.

I think it turned out pretty well. Try it and let me know what you think.

EDIT: All measurements are approximate. I didn't really measure anything. Feel free to play with the quantities.
                            Last edited by me109; 08-18-2017, 11:09 PM.
                            1990 Protege 4WD
                            GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                            ├┼┤
                            2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Comment

So...

I've been absent for a long time. How are things around here?

Been driving a 1990 Volvo 245 DL with an original M47. I love it, but I miss my Mazda every single day. Can't get started on it until I find a garage close to my house, or a house with a garage.

The 245 is really nice though. A perfect Utility Cruiser.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by me109; 08-20-2017, 11:56 AM.
                                1990 Protege 4WD
                                GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                                ├┼┤
                                2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
                                X