No announcement yet.

idle problem /car shake under D/R drive mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for waiting, guys. I only can do this egr cleaning on the weekend. it took some time to clean the carbon deposit.

As shown on TB. there are two holes (in red, the top one is hard to see and you can feel it inside) that connect the one hole hosting EGR valve (in red). the green one connects to the one going to EGR pipe that goes to exhaust with a pipe (20-310 in last pic). I use b12 chemtool cleaner and brake cleaner to soak the dirt and clean out. if I have air compressor, it will be great.

but I ran into an issue after I put everything together and the car does not start. it quickly dies after I turn it on. I notice there is a motor runnign sound from the IAC valve. do not know that is normal or not. I open it up as shown and it looks normal. the ohms on IAC conenctor is about 9.7 ohms and the voltage from the wire and battery is 11.88 V.

do not know if some cleaner is still in the channel and blocks the air flow.

egr gasket and tb gasket are from oreilly and egr pipe gasket is from ebay. oem part diagram is from here (http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/). I do mean to buy from them. just reference.

any idea? thx

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0732.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	349.6 KB
ID:	1242230Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0733.jpg
Size:	325.4 KB
ID:	1242229Click image for larger version

Name:	1B58911.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1242231
    Last edited by shiguiy; 06-13-2016, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Are the MAF and IAT plugged in? I've forgotten to plug mine back in once or twice and does just what you're explaining. I'd start there and make sure everything is plugged in nice and tight.

Comment

I believe all are plugged in and sure I can double check.

Comment

Yeah I did the same, forgot the maf/whatever and it would die instantly. Then I started it with my food on the gas and it idled which I though was even stranger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I uninstall the tb yesterday and put everything back together today after work. I also turn the idle adjust screw counter-clock wise 360 degree to increase the air intake. The car starts finally. the rpm still fluctuate a little bit. will set the idle speed tomorrow. So far there is no CEL code.

However, the car still shakes a lot on D/R mode. we are back to square one.
            Last edited by shiguiy; 06-14-2016, 12:44 AM.

Comment

useful stuff:
              1995 626 2.0L - This is the entire reason for my YouTube channels existence. All of the videos that follow this one are a direct result of trying to get rid...

1st Gen Protege/323/GLC - Bad Vibes - Hey everyone...as it says in my sig, I have a 1991 DX w/auto. It has the 1.8 liter SOHC motor. (yea its lame oh well) About a year or 2 after my mom bought the car new, it developed a major vibration problem. She always just ignored it, but it seems to have gotten worse over the...

Comment

Working...
              X