Electric Fan Has Decided To Run ALL The Time - Seeking Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Fan Has Decided To Run ALL The Time - Seeking Suggestions

Hey Gang - As of a few days ago, the radiator's electric fan has decided to run continuously. I thought the coolant temp. fan switch that is threaded into the radiator was malfunctioning, well after installing a new one, no change...the fan still runs continuously. All wiring is in good shape (no corrosion and good grounds) and I also did the test as per the service manual and unplugged the thermotime sensor in the thermostat housing and rotated the key to the "ON" position and the fan kicked on, suggesting the relay is good.

So I stumped...what says you on suggestions?

Thanks,
    Yasin
    Last edited by slownrusty; 06-11-2016, 03:38 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	waterthermosensor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1242228
    If that sensor wire breaks, the fan turns on.
    The O2 sensor wire runs right next to it, at the bracket on the head.
    Can't miss it.
    I'll send pics if you want.

XOXOXO

Comment

Yup.. I checked that thermo sensor Terry, but will look at it again in a bit more detail today and trace the wire.
      Thanks,
      Yasin

Comment

Aftermarket radiator and fan or is it stock? My 323 started doing some weird stuff to with the dual fan setup I have. Corrected it by adding a universal adjustable fan controller with a interior on/off switch to work as I needed it.

Comment

The stock setup fails to the 'on' condition. Any break in the wire from the thermo sensor through the relay and out the other side can cause this, including corrosion or dirt in any of the connections and relay failure.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X