323 GTR master cylinder swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

323 GTR master cylinder swap.

Hi guys. Since I am located in Canada and cannot find easily another master with ABS (mine is busted) I starded to look for a possible swap to delete the abs and go back to a regular vacuum system.

From what I have found, a vacuum boster from any bg model with a 929 master cylinder might work.

I also heard that a vacuum booster, master cylinder and prop valve from a mx-3 V6 should work as well...

Anyone can confirm please?
    Last edited by prizmatik; 06-12-2016, 06:36 AM.

Don't know what will work. What's wrong with your master? Could you have it rebuilt? I have a V6 MX3 that I am parting out. Here are pics of the master and booster. Hope it helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mx3-mc-9824.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1242232Click image for larger version

Name:	MX3-mc_9822.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1242233Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx3mc_9821.jpg
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1242234

Comment

No since we never had the gtr here nobody wants to rebuilt part they never seen before. I am looking at a BJ booster with a mazda 929 master. Will update thread with my results.

Comment

Subbed! Also, I might be willing to part with my working unit, as I removed the ABS sensors, and installed non-ABS knuckles.
        sigpic
        1992 Familia GT-X
        1988 323 GTX
        2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Sorry for my response dealy.

I got it working using a protégé 2001-2003 brake booster and a MP3 master, witch should be the same for all protégé BJ.

Comment

So you have it working as manual , not abs ?

Have any pictures of the installed set up that you can share.

Need to be thinking of a back up for my GTR too , as it is abs master also.

Comment

Working...
            X