No announcement yet.

Evo 8 ECU, harness, and individual coil pack, upgrade on B4pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car is sitting in my garage. I had to take the battery out of it because I have a short somewhere in the harness that causes the battery to go dead. I also don't drive it because it's not tuned for cold weather at all. It runs great when it warms up though. Carlos tried for a while to finish the tuning, and he's willing to buy me the tach work around. I just haven't followed up on it. He eventually asked for me to send the plug interface back so he could move on to another project. I'm sure if I asked, he'd be here in a heart beat. (metaphorically) I just need to get the short issue fixed.
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

I would like to buy EVO ecu for my bp

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

But I do not know how beneficial it is to invest so much money in that kit and that in the end does not work that is my fear

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

You don't have to get COP if you don't want to spend that much. The real benefit is the ECU and the VAF delete. For the price, it solves some persistent problems with tuning. If you're planning on modding you're BP, tuning gets to be a PITA! The drawback I found is that I don't know how to do it myself so I had to rely on Carlos to do the dirty work. That and the RPM thing, but both are on me.

Comment

Bumping for updates. Did you get this sorted out and up and running?

Comment

The main problem with this car is there's short int he harness somewhere and I'm not sure how to find it. If it weren't for that, I'd be driving it every day. I hook up the battery on snow days so I can take my daughter out for late night drifting class. It sits in the back yard the rest of the time.

The tuning isn't complete since it won't hardly idle until warmed up. Once warm though, it runs better than it ever did on the GTX ECU. Carlos was willing to put the final touches on the tune but my laptop went down and there was a long period of time when I couldn't get to it. Eventually, Carlos asked for his dongle back which I returned. This is how it sits today.

I bought the software used to communicate with the Evo ECU but haven't bought the dongle. I don't know how to tune so it's likely I wouldn't make it any better than it is. It runs, and that's fine.

Comment

Okay. I had this car out a few days ago driving in the first snow of the season and made a discovery. The short that's been so hard to figure out has finally revealed itself. It's in the ignition switch itself. It's as if I have the accessories turned on which lets some features work and some not. The car runs and the lights turn on but the windshield wipers and heater don't work.

Weird.

Comment

what a fluke! good thing there was an ignition recall
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                  X