replace rear passenger brake line at drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my 2001 Protege, there is a small section of steel line from the rubber hose attached to the strut to the wheel cylinder. It is fairly rusted and works fine now, but I want to replace it to be safe. How hard is it to do this? Is there a pre-made one? Any tips?

I've already replaced the wheel cylinder on the other side, so I am familiar with taking apart the drum and bleeding and such.

Easy to make if you have the proper tools. If not then sometimes at the dealer those lines are really cheap.
    91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Use this stuff super easy to bend by hand. I just re did my brake lines from the master back on my EGT with this stuff.

Buy and sell electronics, cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, digital cameras, baby items, coupons, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92 GT GTX Autox machine Dead and gone

98 ZX2 Currently rusty Need a new car

Comment

Good stuff. What kind of fittings do I need for the ends? Anything in particular to install/secure them?

Complete noob here, but good at following instructions and learning from them.

Comment

I was able to re use my fittings I believe that kit comes with new ones. You will how ever need a flaring kit any local auto store can rent you one might want to type in "how to double flare" on you tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92 GT GTX Autox machine Dead and gone

98 ZX2 Currently rusty Need a new car

Comment

Working...
          X