5 lug brake upgrade on a BF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 lug brake upgrade on a BF?

been trying to research but no luck so far, has this been done before on a FWD?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Mazda Mx6 stuff has been used before

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Carlota was gathering Aspire parts for a 5-lug conversion for the GTX, but I don't know how that went.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Aspire parts for a 5 lug?? Did he plan on trying to adapt a 5 lug hub into the aspire knuckle?

I want to get my hands on BJ knuckles and do some comparisons to see if they can be made to work

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

what wheel bearing ID does the aspire have vs say BG?
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

That's the info I think she was referencing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

You could weld up some Aspire hubs and redrill them for whatever lug pattern you need (drill the rotors too.) I've thought of doing this for a 5x120 pattern because it's easy to find 14x6.5 wheels from old Bimmers. 03-05 rio used 10" Rotors and Rio hubs fit in Aspire (or BF 323) knuckles.

Comment

Damn it, my bad. I thought she said they were 5-lug hubs but I am wrong. But does make me wonder if I should get a hub, fill in the holes and throw it on the mill at work and see if I could get 5 perfectly aligned holes drilled.

Comment

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
                  Damn it, my bad. I thought she said they were 5-lug hubs but I am wrong. But does make me wonder if I should get a hub, fill in the holes and throw it on the mill at work and see if I could get 5 perfectly aligned holes drilled.
                  Do you have an indexing rotary table? That would make it easy.

Comment

I checked a set of aspire hubs that I've got laying around. You would have to do 5x100. I'm not sure a 5x114.3 would fit in the hub circle, 5x120 would definitely not fit.

Comment

I Had a look at a set of aftermarket BF hubs here and they could easily have 3 of the holes welded up and 4 more hole machined to make a 5 lug hub, there are round and not clover shaped like the Mazda OEM ones

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      My Hiroshima Screamer

Comment

Originally posted by advancedynamix View Post
                        I checked a set of aspire hubs that I've got laying around. You would have to do 5x100. I'm not sure a 5x114.3 would fit in the hub circle, 5x120 would definitely not fit.
                        Charlie, does the Aspire hub have the same spline as the BF 323?

Comment

Originally posted by 323GTX-RSA View Post
                          I Had a look at a set of aftermarket BF hubs here and they could easily have 3 of the holes welded up and 4 more hole machined to make a 5 lug hub, there are round and not clover shaped like the Mazda OEM ones

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          That's great info.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                            Charlie, does the Aspire hub have the same spline as the BF 323?
                            Yes, the BF cars (323, tracer, capri) share the same spline and front wheel bearing I.D. with the Festiva, Aspire and 2001-2005 Kia Rio.

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                              Aspire parts for a 5 lug?? Did he plan on trying to adapt a 5 lug hub into the aspire knuckle?

I want to get my hands on BJ knuckles and do some comparisons to see if they can be made to work

I've already done some comparisons of a couple different knuckles.
                              BF hubs = wheel bearing I.D. 38mm, 24 spline, and come in 4x100 or 4x114
                              BG hubs = wheel bearing I.D. 40mm, 26 spline, and come with 4x100
                              BJ hubs = wheel bearing I.D. 40mm, 26 spline, and come in 4x100 or 5x114

Here's a pic comparing a bf, bg, and bj knuckle.

From the pic you can see that the bj's lower balljoint, hub, and strut mount aren't inline because the bj chassis is actually based off the ge platform(2nd gen probe/mx6) but it uses the smaller bearing and 26 spline hubs like the bg's.

Comment

Working...
                              X