Feeling defeated BF Base Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling defeated BF Base Brakes

I have been looking on here and the rest of the interwebs for over a month. I cannon figure out how to change the front rotor on my BF base.
    What I have figured is that the flange and rotor need to be pressed out of the knuckle then I can unbolt the old rotor and install the new on.
    Is this correct or Have i missed something. If so I will get some front bearings and axle seals also.

Originally posted by giger323 View Post
    I have been looking on here and the rest of the interwebs for over a month. I cannon figure out how to change the front rotor on my BF base.
    What I have figured is that the flange and rotor need to be pressed out of the knuckle then I can unbolt the old rotor and install the new on.
    Is this correct or Have i missed something. If so I will get some front bearings and axle seals also.
    Correct.

Also do some search on the forums for BG caliper/Galant Rotors for the front and Miata caliper/Custom mounting bracket/Galant rotors for the rear. This would allow you to convert to a more modern setup and not have to worry about pressing the hubs anymore in the future.

Comment

He has a fwd 323..rear drum brakes.. Only swap available is the Capri rear disc setup.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
        He has a fwd 323..rear drum brakes.. Only swap available is the Capri rear disc setup.
        Which I have most of. But missing a key component. I cant find the caliper mounting bracket. I have been searching the junkyards for several months. I have been kicking myself for not getting them when I bought the spindles.

Comment

You do not need any brackets to swap on the Capri rear discs. It is all a straight bolt on. Take off the 323 spindle/drum assembly and bolt on the Capri spindle/rotor assembly. You will need the parking brake cables from both sides of the Capri if you want a parking brake though. You only need a bracket when using Miata calipers / Galant rear rotor swap on the GTX rear disc swap.

Comment

What MY Capri would work? 91 to 94?

Comment

Working...
            X