Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY short shifter ?

How far up do you move the ball?
    I did this many many years ago on a couple bgs i had but can remember how much i moved them.
    5 boosted bp cars,why...

You move the ball up 1" on the shifter. I recently installed my mod oem shifter 2 days ago.

Comment

Ok,you move the ball up 1 inch,.done.
      What about some kind of spacer or do you not need one?,...and if you don't need one,does it change the position of the linkage underneath?
      Cheers

Comment

No spacer required. I had to get the exhaust piping beneath the shifter adjusted as the shifter was making contact with exhaust due to being 1" lower. That's pretty much all the mod you need to do for it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
          No spacer required. I had to get the exhaust piping beneath the shifter adjusted as the shifter was making contact with exhaust due to being 1" lower. That's pretty much all the mod you need to do for it to work.
          I hear you,i would prefer not to have to move the exhaust though.
          Will try to make somthing up,but if anyone has before,I would appreciate some advice or tips to save my brain power.
          I would like the gearknob to remain at the standard height,if you know what I mean.
          Picture attached is the "short shifter" that was in my build car when I got it,it had a 2 inch peice cut out of the gear stick,and was welded back together,to make the stick shorter....."genius!!!"
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X