Rear Disc Brake Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Disc Brake Shield

I'm starting to put together my ES brake swap stuff. I've got the fronts almost done, just got new dust/splash shields. They're being painted and then I can install them and the hubs and be done. I'm trying to find new shields for the rear disc brakes, but can't find a number or image anywhere. I have the originals, but they're pretty rusted and beat up and if everything else is going to be new, I'd like those to be new as well. I can clean up the originals and paint them, but they won't be as nice.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could help me find a part number or even a VIN for a BHA ES trim car so I can check the dealer. I can find the drum brake backing plates, but the disc brakes. Oh, and there are no numbers stamped on the shields, already checked.

Why in gods name would you waste your time with those? specially in the rust belt?
    are you purposefully trying to catch rocks between that/your rotor/caliper?
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I like to overdue things, apparently. Are they really that big of a problem? And this is a summer car, remember?

Honestly, looking back, I probably should have sent everything out to be powdercoated. That would have been nice. Maybe next time.

Comment

They are of zero benefit. They are not coweled to promote airflow in or outflow. They happen to trap rocks more often then not so the point is defeated.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I've had no problems with the ones already on the car.

Comment

my point is- you will at some point, and they serve no practical purpose besides added expense & nuisance

Comment

I removed mine ...The were just rock traps..

Comment

Working...
              X