88 gtx daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 gtx daily driver

I bought this gtx about a year and a half ago. I sold my first gtx when I bought a house a couple years a go.

It has 9.1.1 b6t with a big nose crank . Tbird vj14 hybrid turbo hks cast turbo intake pipe a chipped ecu old school ebc probe Intercooler 2.5 exhaust atc clutch galant front brakes Porterfield pads Tokio dirtra coilovers a half cage and a schroth harness

When I first got it the valve stem seals where toast from the car sitting for so long so u swapped on a rebuilt head and it fired right up. And started squeeling like crazy. The timing tensioner had went bad . So I replaced them and the water pump .

The day I got it home

New head and arp head studs

Comment

Then coming home from wotk one day This decided to work it self loos from the fly wheel and crack my transmission case

One of my buddy's tigged it back together and epoxie it just to be safe

Then about 4 months later I had it back on the road and have Ben daily driving it

Winter rims and tires
      Last edited by Michael Duran; 08-28-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Lately the car has gotten slower and slower . I had to turn the boost down to 10 psi or it would knock . I had a feeling the fuel pump was going and I was right .

Look at all that metal in the filter

Last edited by Michael Duran; 08-29-2016, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Now it is running good feels good at 15 psi
          It feels even better at 19psi. To bad I can't run it that high with out destroying the turbo
          Last edited by Michael Duran; 08-29-2016, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Awesome!! Great car and nice upgrades and maintenance work. If you can stay abreast with the stuff that wears out, you have a great car that will never let you down.

I mostly daily drive my 323 GT and have been for 12+ years.

Comment

Thanks man . I daily drove my Last gtx for 3 years .

Comment

cool!!! im glad the pump is working out for you. i just ordered a aeromotive stealth pump. anxious to see how loud is is compared to my old walbro
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Great job man. Looking good!

'88 GT
                  '88 GTX
                  '85 Toyota Cressida 5-Speed
                  '88 323 GT
                  '88 323 GTX

Comment

Dear avcr please regulate my boost to 15 psi not 12 not 17 15 that would be great thanks

Comment

Changed the waste gate duty cycle and I am starting to think I am getting in to transmision braking teritory . The torque hits a lot harder

Comment

last April I redid the front wheel bearings . I must have torn a cv boot the other day when I was playing on some logging roads with some friends .now I get to pull it apart to rebuild the cv

Comment

Good looking car, Its basically at the point im shooting for with mine, a strong daily with a slight compression bump.

Comment

Thanks man . I like having the higher compression . The off boost response is a lot better

Comment

So my driver side floor is getting wet when it rain's . I am guessing it is my sun roof drain . It looks like the water is in the front corner (same side as the fues box) Any where els I should look?

Comment

Working...
                              X