No announcement yet.

JDM Familia Interplay BG5P Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda sorry I started numbering these now,...but this turning into some kind of breakers yard here,so I suppose I better keep naming them,..
    Mz10 red hatchback familia interplay,..mz11 "95" grey sedan 1.3 classic.,....
    Picked up an mx3 in another deal but it's a 1 off,...and shouldn't confuse anyone if I say "the mx3" so won't give it a number,....couple of useful bits in each which il elaborate on again,..
    Attached Files

Comment

your a lucky cunt to get your hands on all these cars!!!
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
        your a lucky cunt to get your hands on all these cars!!!
        Lol,...they're not coming in on the tide sham,I am paying for them
        Shame tho,nobody really gives a damn about them here,..everyone I got so far has been wrecked to some degree except that 95 grey one,...if I had got that 95 car a year ago,there wouldn't have been a restoration,...work log maybe,but it needs no work,minter.....il explain in in thread in time.

Comment

Ya so quick few words about these 2 cars,not really "build" related,..but I've given some provenance about every other car til now so I might aswell,...
          And after that "lucky cunt" remark,..I'm pretty sure at least 1 person is following along,...(there's no laugh emoji)..

Mz10 there is useful to the thread for a couple of reasons,...
          I got this from an Italian guy living in Ireland 30 years.
          He bought from the Dublin docks as a grey import in 1994,(it's 91),...and was the only owner in Ireland,despite loaning to his sister for a couple of years.
          Hadn't had a battery in 9 years since he parked it up due to a tiny knocking in the bottom end he said,..but also due to leaking windscreen.
          Has been in a barn since 2008,so dry and virtually rust free underneath also.
          I asked him sell the car nearly a year ago and he said it was too sentimental,..but then rang me a month ago and said he wanted his son to have it and "do it up",..but son said he wouldn't be seen dead in it,so on to me it came.

i did mention earlier about the "optional abs" on the interplay,..and this is the "proof",..for want of a better word.(see pics)
          This was a pricey extra,but available and taken up by this cars,..Japanese buyer,....
          So another very nice,...if pretty complicated to install optional extra from new that I'm contemplating fitting in future,,...advice welcome here if anyone has any.

Also,to boot,..whoever got the car new was fond of the gadgets,and got the non turbo version of the central gauge pod,..
          Pretty snazzy,....
          They didn't take up the "gt" seat option,...but since the Italian guy said the car is exactly as he bought it,.and it has an aftermarket big hatch spoiler and wantanabe'look wheels,...whoever bought it was a bit of a sham.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Scrummatron; 05-04-2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Few more pics for posterity.,...
            9 years is a long time,..but needless to say it started up first go with a new battery and a can of petrol,....amazing.
            Only running 3 cylinders but likely plug or lead flecked or God knows what,...
            Anyway,..couple of pumps of the clutch and it jumped into life,..
            Abs light went off as soon as it moved,..and she drove.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Scrummatron; 04-30-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

wicked cool!
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Wicked cool indeed
                Very nice,if pretty rough all round condition car,..too late now,..but this abs will be most likely going into mz1 someday,haven't figured things out exactly,,.

Mz11 here I got for parts,or that was the plan,...I was expecting it to be rusty like most,but it had "no" rust of any sort to speak of,...
                Not many of these sold in 94 as the lantis was out and newer 323s,..several kinds were about to go out,...inc a couple of 'failed designs' I suppose u could call them,...
                Was a youngin,but I remember this pretty clearly.

Anyway,..somehow this car wasn't sold or at least registered til 95,..as a 1.3 LX Classic 'special edition'.,,..exactly what is special is impossible to point to tho,..
                But is is nice,rust free,...and after swapping a couple of the cleaner bits for scratchy bits,....is already sold to a guy who has only even driven 1 car,or owned 1 car,...a 94 version of this.
                His failed nct on rust a month ago,and he never thought he see another 1 like it without rust,...
                ..he lucked out here big time,.....
                If I had found this car a year ago there literally wouldn't have been a "thread",...

But after goin all out on mz1,...
                It feels good to send this on to someone who will really love it.
                Attached Files

Comment

what does the 1.3l engine look like? snap some bay pictures please!

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                    what does the 1.3l engine look like? snap some bay pictures please!
                    Ya sham,...il take a few and slap them on here,...
                    I know a lot of places didn't get close to the full engine range,...but here in Ireland,..through edm and jdm cars I've seen them all,..(mostly years ago).
                    The 1.3 is completely bomb proof,...and goes on the smell of juice...
                    (have a few stories about these engines but they're fire pit yarns)

Anywho,...had **** loads of 1.3s over the years,so much extra space in engine bay with one of these,....and u don't need me to tell u,but when u see footage of these cars in the deserts of Africa or downtown Calcutta,...they're all rocking 1.3s with 2-3-400k miles on them,..lol.
                    I'm not "strong",...but I can easily hump one of these engines around if I have too.

Can send one in the post handy in 3-4 packages if u want a nice mechanno set?,.."wink"

Comment

Il put them pics up again,wasn't at the ranch...

These bits have been swapping over and back on the rad for a couple of weeks,...paint is really,really baked on.....no doubt it will chip at some stage,....but its as good as can be done,by me,...
                      All there except arms,...

Bushes for the arms arrived,but held up waiting on them put in,..
                      All rubbers,...but look tidy.
                      Drop links too and ar bushes,..
                      Have been advised to go with the metal drop links over the plastic spacer ones,...which are perfect,but break easier on our "bumpy" roads.

Also,...I'm Investigating fitting the abs unit and hubs and set up,but for "getting the car mobile" purposes,..will be going with drum assistance on the back,....
                      Again,speed records will be safe,...and the drums will suffice the 'stop' car in standard guise,...
                      But the abs was an option,...and I'm really going for the "every possible option" on a factory car,...Kind of.
                      Attached Files

Comment

where the hell did you get new bushes?
                        2ndly I highly advise against the ABS option. for its age it was subpar at best.

Comment

These bushes and drop links came from Russia to Germany,...then to me,..but they said "made in Germany" on them ,...
                          The drop links say "made in Taiwan",..lol....

Can't see these lasting very long,...the drop links that is,....i know u can prob get endless spurious links,and oems,..and pro-flex this and that,...but I was getting all the bushes anyway,and got them too,...
                          May upgrade these in near future!...
                          I reckon I could make far superior ones with a few of my old tools,...
                          "Sigh",...

Arms I dropped away to be pressed in,....
                          Paint drying on them now

(Totally jealous of those arms rivet got there,....but obviously these ones are standard,..like everything else)
                          Abs rant to follow!!,...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Scrummatron; 05-09-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

When you finish the project

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hips710 View Post
                              When you finish the project

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                              Is that a question?,...or a statement?,...
                              If it's the second one,...
                              I hear u.

Comment

So ya,....the abs.
                                Have been advised by a few people already to bin the idea,and it does seem like a bit of hassle,....
                                I suppose I could just put the hubs and discs on the back and not bother with it,....
                                These did give trouble,and blah,blah,blah,....it's not really necessary at all,not for this car,...or most cars tbh.

But,now that it's there,...in front of me,...probably working,...I just feel in my bones that il be fitting it all some day,...
                                Rear hubs and that should go straight on,..and will do some investigating so that I can undo the wiring if needed,...
                                But as of now,it's a go,..it was an option,and as I'm unlikely to find a grey sedan like mine with al the options from factory now,.25 years later,especially in any kind of good shape,...
                                It is purely for me,and I'm building up a nice collection of factory options already,so will likely give it a go.
                                In the future.

Some pics of acquired "options" below,...
                                None handy of the Momo steering wheel,leather gear boot,familia mats,front bumper fogs,or radio/cassette player,...
                                I thought I got very lucky on mz10 and got an original double din BG radio tape player combo thing,but was crushed to find bottom bit wasn't original,...killer.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X