Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.6L zm Throttlebody

Does anyone Know?

I try to look for the ID size of the throttle body from the opening all the way down to the plate; did a search and came up with nothing. I'm considering mounting a throttle body from a 1999-05 Mazda miata 1.8L.

My other option would be aftermarket miata skunk 2, OBX 64mm which is a little too pricy, or 626 which is 60mm.
    Last edited by Dijadoit; 09-25-2016, 03:15 PM.

Finally, i put it on; the miata throttle body from 1999-05 helped improve throttle response for sure. Did a comparison, the protege inner ID was much smaller taking a guess by 4-5 mm.

Comment

cant complain with good results!!!
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Did nothing fancy to the engine, did what was needed to improve torque at around 3-4k and also option run e85 as an alternative fuel.
        Only did a few things so far:

It is a 1.6L DX model;

200cc toyota yaris to run the right amount of e85 (from a 4 hole pint stock to a 12 hole pint)
        NGK 4091 non resistor race plugs at heat range 7
        1999-05 Mazda Miata throttle body for a bigger bore size on the inside diameter
        added engine catch

So far the car runs good, needed the heat range 7 plugs, at 5 it was running way to hot that is started pinging; at stock throttle body it was choking at 3-4k; but with the upgrade it really wants to suck in more air. It revs really easily, the response is way better and improved torque curve to drive up steep hills with no problems. I was thinking about obx 4-1 headers to add more torque or pacesetters long tube headers instead; but after reading the comments, it might not be worth it. I'm only going for more torque than horsepower.

Comment

Working...
        X