Starter issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter issue

My car was running and starting fine until one day after work it didn't want to start. I immediately thought the starters as the problem. I have since replaced the starter and it didn't fix my problem. If I apply 12v to the starter solenoid it seems like it spins but doesn't engage the flywheel. The brake light on the dash comes on when I twist the key, but again no juice going to the starter from inside the cab. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

have you probed the starter wire with a multimeter, while someone inside tries to crank the car over?? i know its a common issue with these older cars the spade terminal needs a good cleaning here/there to make a decent contact.
    if you don't have any power at the starter end of the wire, you might consider opening up the steering column plastics and poking around a bit.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Through some research I found that I don't have power to the spade at the starter. I'm leaning towards a possible ignition switch failure/ replacement?

Comment

^ that is a possibility
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
        X