RH Corner Light lens prone to cracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RH Corner Light lens prone to cracking

What is the deal with the RH passenger corner (parking) light? When I bought my car, the RH lens was cracked. For some reason, they cost more than the driver side ones on eBay. A 323 showed up at a local junkyard a couple months ago, I was excited to finally pull it off, only to find the RH one was also cracked, yet the driver's side was fine. Another one showed up at a junkyard recently, same thing. Last night I found another 323 on sale, in great condition...BUT THAT SAME DARN RH ONE was cracked!

I've seen 4 examples of RH cracked lens, but not one LH one. Why is the RH so prone to being damaged, while I have yet to find one with the LH cracked?
    Attached Files

I think you might be making too much of it. Even if it is a defect (which I highly doubt), you can PM TTer here on the forums and he's got tons of those just sitting around, used and new. Check the F/S section!

On both my BGs the RH corner light has spider cracking. Also, on the RH side is where most fender/bumper/front end damage is done.
    1991 Protege LX 5MT, P/S, A/C, NOW Sun Roof!

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud_Strife View Post
      I think you might be making too much of it. Even if it is a defect (which I highly doubt), you can PM TTer here on the forums and he's got tons of those just sitting around, used and new. Check the F/S section!

On both my BGs the RH corner light has spider cracking. Also, on the RH side is where most fender/bumper/front end damage is done.
      Thanks for the heads up!

I don't think it's a defect, I was just thinking for some reason it is more prone to damage, I never saw the left side broken. Maybe it's because it 's been hard to find anywhere lol

Comment

Lol I mean you never know, my neighbor has a BF and the light on pass side is good if I can remember. On a lot of my fwd cars the passenger side is always damaged in some way, I think its a dumb driver problem maybe oversteer scars lol.

Yeah BF parts are probably much harder to come by than BG parts, so junkyard and here are your best shots. Anything on Ebay will probably be overpriced for you guys, since the BF chassis is more race oriented, and BG still has soccer mom status. Also when your searching the internet for parts try using difderent searches. Like Ill use protege, familia, bg, 323, etc. And sometimes I'll find a part only if I changed the keyword.
        1991 Protege LX 5MT, P/S, A/C, NOW Sun Roof!

Comment

Thanks, yeah, I tried searching using corner, or parking, sometimes just light. But so far the most promising and affordable has been the junkyards. It's kinda cool too because it's like a giant lab or auto shop where I can take apart things and try to figure out how stuff goes together without risking damage on my own car

Comment

Working...
          X