323 GTX Transmission Oil Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

323 GTX Transmission Oil Cooler

Has anyone ever tried doing this? I'm going to put one on the rally car and am looking for some pics of how to do it.

Thanks!

shouldn't be much different from the standard G series in terms of good places to put transmission cooler fittings, i've been running a trans cooler on all of my transmissions for the last X amount of years. the dump i put overtop of the differential drive.
    more importantly tho would be to cool the transfer case the the transmission itself. but both have a role.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Ya i've had this happen twice now where the engine will just start revving with no drive to the wheels. This is a F series short ratio with straight gears and dogs. From people i've talked to it could be the case cracking and then when hot the shafts move? Do you think a cooler would resolve this or do you think modifying the case is necessary. It is a BPT w. GT2560R at about 10lbs. It's happened now on 2nd and 5th gear. Any advice on making this thing more reliable would be a huge help.

Comment

is this a fwd? are you sure the clutch is good?
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
        X