No announcement yet.

GTX Build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eek!!! I've gotta say. I hope to god they built a jig to stabilize that rear subframe while they welded it. I didn't expect that level of seam welding.
    Its completely welded by looks (which in actuality is slightly weaker than persay 1" stitches)
    I sincerely hope for your sake that the subframe itself is not tweaked. Before you paint it stick it up under the car and check fitment please!!!
    I learned the hard way with one of my front subframes
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

A lot of work gone into that. Nice. There's a thread on here somewhere about someone breaking the front rear diff mount hanger under hard acceleration. Might be worth having that strengthened too. It's got a single vulcanised rubber bush through it but it was the metal straps that sheared.

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
        eek!!! I've gotta say. I hope to god they built a jig to stabilize that rear subframe while they welded it. I didn't expect that level of seam welding.
        Its completely welded by looks (which in actuality is slightly weaker than persay 1" stitches)
        I sincerely hope for your sake that the subframe itself is not tweaked. Before you paint it stick it up under the car and check fitment please!!!
        I learned the hard way with one of my front subframes
        Yeah. They went a bit over board. I only asked to a bead on the seam below the control arms as well as the diff mounts. I hope it all lines up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by atomant48 View Post
          A lot of work gone into that. Nice. There's a thread on here somewhere about someone breaking the front rear diff mount hanger under hard acceleration. Might be worth having that strengthened too. It's got a single vulcanised rubber bush through it but it was the metal straps that sheared.
          Good to know I was planning on boxing in those bits. But i will try and keep the hooning in the gravel. Less traction less strain on the drivetrain.

Comment

This is what i have come up with for the LSD can anyone comfirm on the front diff part number. It wasnt 100% clear on the parts list from Mazda Speed
            Rear:
            Part No : T0Y1-27-200
            @ USE QN10-64-A00
            Notes:MIATA 90-93, GTX 88-89
            Front:
            Part No : 9B2A-79-960
            S/S TO 9B2A-79-960A
            Notes: S/S TO 9B2A-79-960A

Comment

So I got the rear sub back and bolted up seems ok. And the car drives straight.
              I ended up getting some boots as it wa s clear i wasn't going to find new or rebuilt axels.

Now that the re a is finished I pulled the front. I just need to order the seals on the trans side. I completely forgot when I ordered all the wheel bearings and seals.

Comment

great news that the subframe turned out well!!!
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I like the idea of the slip yoke. Extending the drive shaft for when the motor torques instead of pulling on everything. Great!
                  Not What you build, But HOW.

Comment

hoping to get some time in the garage with all this rain. Gotta get those front boots changed. I have having a hell of a time finding the axles seals for the gearbox side. Are they the same as my 2wd BF base?

Comment

Originally posted by giger323 View Post
                      hoping to get some time in the garage with all this rain. Gotta get those front boots changed. I have having a hell of a time finding the axles seals for the gearbox side. Are they the same as my 2wd BF base?
                      The guys on the Yahoo forum might know.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

The best seals are at the dealer. They are a shielded type seal to keep the crap away from the input shaft going into the seal. Part# T005-27-238A. This # will also cross over to other brands with a counter man worth a s hit.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                          The best seals are at the dealer. They are a shielded type seal to keep the crap away from the input shaft going into the seal. Part# T005-27-238A. This # will also cross over to other brands with a counter man worth a s hit.
                          Thanks I will head to Mazda in the morning.

Comment

Try here maybe?

Shop 1988 Mazda Genuine Parts from OnlineMazdaParts.com, where efficiency is at the heart of performance.

Comment

Working...
                            X