No announcement yet.

GTX seat fitment issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a few pics of their position in mz1,...and how the seat bolts to them,then it bolts to the side of the tunnel.
    The last 2 pics are the holes in the tunnel,just forward of the 2 "gt" seat belt buckle holes,...where you bolt them to the floor.
    Do you have these?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey sham, I do have those brackets unfortunately . USDM setup looks quite the same so now I'm uber confused why these aren't mounting up properly. I'll take pics of the USDM floor pan for reference and see if maybe one of you EDM guys can spot differences but it looks the same to me...

I'll reply in the other thread about what I need to cut in a bit.

Here is a pic of the wire that does nothing on my driver's side (RHD pass.) seat since the secondary "teeth" bracket was bent (see first pictures).

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161028_113727.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	350.6 KB
ID:	1243125

If I'm right sham, you shouldn't have this wire on the bottom of your pass. side GTX seat unless the seats came from a hatch donor. I'm still confused though, as the wire has nothing to do since the brackets were swapped with LX brackets (the wire has a notch on the secondary "teeth" to plug in on the original GTX brackets which was bent), yet the rear fold down lever still works...
      Last edited by Cloud_Strife; 10-31-2016, 11:11 PM.
      1991 Protege LX 5MT, P/S, A/C, NOW Sun Roof!

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
        I got by using a combination between MX3 & LX rails to level out the seat. i encourage some investigation there.
        Hey man, you still have these seats? It's been tough finding Mx-3 rails in my area... are the recaro rails lower or different than stock seat rails?

I got the driver's side in there alright, took a little bit of work but just used the LX brackets with no modification.

Comment

mx3 recaro seat rails are definitely lower. i'll have a look around but i think i threw out my other set of rails....
          next time im down in florida we'll have to catch up
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thanks man, yeah let me know. Still nothing around here. Might post a WTB up, but nobody wants to part with their recaro seats.

Comment

Working...
            X