Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible to make 323 bf from 2wd to 4wd with 323 bw transmision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it possible to make 323 bf from 2wd to 4wd with 323 bw transmision?

Hi 2 all

I have old mazda 323 BF , I got new engine but I think that this is not enough , so here is my question ....

Is it possible to make 323 bf from 2wd to 4wd with 323 bw transmision?
    I found cheap mazda bw in my town ....
    so it is possible to get gearbox, differential, drive shafts from BW and put them on BF hatchback ?

what is a BW??
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Mazda , Mazda , when I wrote "BW" I mean MAZDA 323 III Station Wagon (BW) , engine in it is the same like mine 1.6 SOHC 105 hp

Comment

pardon my lack of BF chassis variant knowledge.
        do you have 4wd BW chassis there?
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yup it is called a GTX and that job is not for the faint at heart unless you have the fab skills.

Comment

as I already wrоte I have Mazda 323 BF , and yes, not far from here I found a cheap Mazda BW 4wd
            And I was thinking .... may be I can get gearbox and differential , etc from there ? But I do not know mounting points of gearbox are the same or not?
            is there any difference in the chassis? 2wd and 4 wd
            Last edited by help40; 11-11-2016, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Rear subframe and mounts totally different, trans tunnel different, trans mounts different, is not a bolt up swap.
              '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
              '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
              http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                Rear subframe and mounts totally different, trans tunnel different, trans mounts different, is not a bolt up swap.
                can you tell me more details?
                about the subframe ...
                About the tunnel I know that there are some differences, but is this only the "hole" through which passes shifter or something else ? in width or
                I must dig details ... to decide if I can do it
                thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by help40 View Post
                  can you tell me more details?
                  about the subframe ...
                  About the tunnel I know that there are some differences, but is this only the "hole" through which passes shifter or something else ? in width or
                  I must dig details ... to decide if I can do it
                  thanks in advance
                  In the 2wd the "transmission" tunnel only house the shifter parts and the exhaust, so it's narrow and almost not really there.

On the 4wd, the tunnel has the center differential, cables for the shifter, the driveshaft to the rear, and the exhaust. Also on that tunnel on there are mounting points for the Driveshaft.

To swap a 2wd car to the 4wd, you basically need to cut out the whole of the floor sheet metal and swap them. As jay was saying, the transmissions mount differently, there are new mounting points for the rear subframe, new mounting points for the driveshaft, also the fuel tanks are different and I believe mount differently also. The shape of the floor pan is different also due the fuel tank being different size and such too.

The 2wd and 4wd frames (Uni-bodies) are different but built so that the secondary parts aka body panels and interior could be shared. A few car companies have done this in the past, Mitsubishi did this in the past with the 1gen and 2gen eclipses. Hell Mitsubishi had three versions of the same car, when it came to the 2gen eclipse.

Comment

Yeah, what he said.....
                    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

oh , I think that mounting points of gearbox or rear subframe can be "somehow" added , but cutting floor (tunnel) seems to me too complicated

Comment

Well duh...buy the 4wd car and drive it. Problem solved.

Comment

heh, I am not looking for easy ways , but if I have to say seriously here is no BF 4x4 at reasonable price. but the more important is to not give up ...the search continues

Comment

Get with Piotr in Opole, Poland and he will run one down for you.

Comment

BTW while browsing through photos in the gallery I found interesting record about "Engine modifications: B6T engine swap ; Drivetrain Modifications: B6T transmission and axles"

which sounds to me like it was with other than 4wd transmission in the past ...
                              this record is in sprint45’s Club Protege Photo Gallery http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...do=view&g=1328

Comment

Working...
                              X