Sourcing Axle Stake Nuts and Grease Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sourcing Axle Stake Nuts and Grease Caps

Hey everyone. I'm on the hunt for new axle stake nuts. Last I checked, M20x1.5 and M16x1.5 respectively front and rear... the right side being reverse thread obviously. Anybody have leads? I'm trying to avoid paying $15-20 each on Ebay ideally.

I've heard new grease caps can be had from trailer and heavy duty equipment makers because they're a standard 1.875" in size. Any similar leads on those would also be appreciated!

I get my axle stake nuts from rockauto.com, or Napa, orielly's if I'm in a bind and need it right away.
    Before you criticize someone, first try walking a mile in their shoes. Because then you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes...

Comment

Awesome, thanks Kaleo! I noticed the selection on RockAuto seems to have 3/4 of the corners... did you find any of them mislabelled or appropriate for all four corners? Would appreciate your insight based on purchases!

Comment

No problem. I couldn't tell you about the rears, I've only ordered for 2wd. Maybe someone else can chime in? Rock auto's return policy is pretty good, so you could order and return it if it doesn't work.
        Before you criticize someone, first try walking a mile in their shoes. Because then you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes...

Comment

I replaced mine recently - Dorman, US$6.99/wheel, next day at O'Reilly. Local depot had all four, I only needed rears.

Comment

Working...
          X