X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird buzzing noise from engine.

OK, so this is driving me nuts.

02 protege 5. 2.0 auto 70k mileage. Car was sitting for 5 years

So we recently purchased this car. Ive had a new timing belt installed. Then had injector issues. First we had them cleaned. Car ran fine. Then started to get this weird buzzing noise. Won't make the noise in park. Just in gear while driving while under load. Idle, no noise. So then we had an injector fail. After that I just said f it and bought a clean low mileage fuel rail and injectors and replaced the old setup. Still has this buzzing noise now and it's driving us nuts when you drive the car. No CEL, Drive fine. But i can figure it out. Starting to wonder if the cats are becoming plugged? It only started making this noise after we had the injector cleaned. But being I replaced them all now, it sorta takes them out of the question. Short vid attached of the noise. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

View Video, http://s395.photobucket.com/user/duc...v88xl.mp4.html

Should also state. Belts are tight, brand new.

Comment

When I first changed my timing belt on my Pro, I had a supercharger-like "whine" which was similar in nature, but not the exact pitch as yours. It went away after awhile, but I'm pretty sure that is belt related with the noise increasing with matching revs...
      1991 Protege LX 5MT, P/S, A/C, NOW Sun Roof!

Comment

What odd though is that it was fine after the timing belt install. No noise. Drove probably 200 miles, then had the injector issues, then the noise. Planning on driving it back n forth to work for a few days and see if it gets any better.

Comment

Working...
        X