Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you consider the BF hatch worthy for show use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you consider the BF hatch worthy for show use?

As the thread title says. Would you consider a stock BF hatch worthy for a show car?

I'm aware that this can differ around the world, but I'd like some opinions. Personally I've noticed that some people in a local club despise my 323 since "it's a new car" (the club consitution states 30 years, and when I joined in '15 I was told that it was old enough). I also noticed a child recently comment on the car being parked in the show area instead of normal parking despite the bonnet being open and it obviously being very clean for such an old car. Keep in mind though, we got the BF until '03 so it was still a common car just a few years ago, but now it's starting to get less common (especially in good condition). Plus mine's a fairly rare pre-facelift and 1.5 instead of 1.3.

But if this car is not worthy (as someone said it might be worthy if it's 100 years old), what makes it different form say a Beetle (also a very common and cheap car in its day)? Another breakaway club accepted it with open arms though.
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0.00%
    '87 Mazda 323 SL - daily driver, backup show car (being restored as I get time)
    '82 BMW 518i (E12/8) with 32/34 Weber and Simota cone - old show car (stolen)
    '70 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project to replace 518i - sold
    '99 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project

Depends on the show I reckon. A GTX is rare and would I suspect be more welcome. But some other shows might not want one cuz it doesn't look exotic enough. There are still lots of fwd std bf hatches out there, so i guess I see their point. But bone stock, showroom condition, should still garner respect.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Mine is almost entirely standard, the only things I changed are the radio (with 6x9 speakers in loose boxes), and the front seats are re-upholstered. I still need to do the rear ones. Also, the exhaust no longer has a resonator (the shop thought it had 3 silencers and decided to ditch one, with my permission of course), and I suspect they upped the diameter slightly (but not much).

Apart from that though, it's absolutely stock.
      '87 Mazda 323 SL - daily driver, backup show car (being restored as I get time)
      '82 BMW 518i (E12/8) with 32/34 Weber and Simota cone - old show car (stolen)
      '70 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project to replace 518i - sold
      '99 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project

Comment

Working...
      X