• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought I'd finally put up some pics of my car

Comment

It looks like you have some suspension problems there. You might want to get that fixed as well, since it probably affects handling and safety.

Also, what's your thoughts on the car so far?
        '87 Mazda 323 SL - daily driver, backup show car (being restored as I get time)
        '82 BMW 518i (E12/8) with 32/34 Weber and Simota cone - old show car (stolen)
        '70 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project to replace 518i - sold
        '99 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project

Comment

What makes you see suspension problems? I'm curious. It's been lowered in the front, which I hate.

Honestly I love it, but all I'm doing is fixing stuff. Got played. Owner before did a bunch of bandaid fixes. It's on me for not taking a mechanic.

Comment

one of the biggest & nicest features of the p5 is the rear wiper, be sure to take apart the rear motor & clean it out. re-grease everything thoroughly.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Picture 1: Hanging to the front
              Picture 2: Hanging severely to the left
              Picture 3: Seems decent, but hard to tell with the light

It looks like your car is hanging to the front-left, which to me screams busted suspension. It might be sagging due to worn suspension (which will also ruin your tyres), but it can also be something far worse. Are you sure the previous owner dropped the front? Because to me it looks like sagging.

Comment

I'll have to take a better look at it. I'll put in the driveway and not in the yard. Post another pic. Maybe it's from the way it's sitting in the yard.

Comment

Originally posted by JKuhn View Post
                  Picture 1: Hanging to the front
                  Picture 2: Hanging severely to the left
                  Picture 3: Seems decent, but hard to tell with the light

It looks like your car is hanging to the front-left, which to me screams busted suspension. It might be sagging due to worn suspension (which will also ruin your tyres), but it can also be something far worse. Are you sure the previous owner dropped the front? Because to me it looks like sagging.

unlevel ground will give that impression too.....
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

True, but it doesn't seem too unlevel to me. I might of course be wrong though.

To be honest, I've personally had quite a scare with my BMW when that happened to me. Our lawn on that side is very uneven though, to the point where the VW in my sig struggles to get over the bumps.

Comment

Yea if it was sitting where I think, it's right on the edge of where a dirt mound used to be

Comment

I suppose that explains it then.

And that part about always fixing something sounds quite familiar... But, at least you like the car.

Comment

I'll post pics tomorrow to confirm. Hope it's just how it was sitting.

Comment

The easiest way is to park it on a level surface (like in a garage) and feel the distance between the tyre and fender by counting how many fingers fit in. I also do that when looking at a possible car to check for caster issues (aaccident damage).

Comment

That's a very good idea and I will definitely do that

Comment

Working...
                              X