Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 Knuckles on 1986 - Or preferably: Wheel bearing/captive hub/rotor tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 Knuckles on 1986 - Or preferably: Wheel bearing/captive hub/rotor tips?

My mechanic friend doesn't have a hydraulic press or any speciality gear to handle the captive rotor hubs up front on my 1986 Mazda 323. I noticed in my area there's a $200 parts car, but it's a 1991. Will I run into any difficulties grabbing the hubs off of that one, getting them done by a capable shop, and slapping them on my car? Debating grabbing the five speed transmission and all that jazz off of it too, which presumably won't cause any issues. Thoughts/advice? If there's an easier tool I can buy or fabricate to get the job done cheaply, I'm open to that as well!

Whole nuther ball game there the 91 is a BG while yours is a BF. Not a bolt on affair and the 91 is 4x100. Go to Harbor freight and buy the 12 ton press and do them yourself. A necessary tool for a BF owner anyway. Doing it just once more than pays for the press as opposed to one visit to the shop.

Comment

buy a 20 ton, the plates are wide enough to do proper work. making it a real tool investment
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Cheers, lads. Appreciate it... wasn't sure how compatible they would be. Presses are a little bit pricey north of the border, but there might be one at the shared work center nearby I could use.

Comment

Working...
        X