CARB muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CARB muffler?

Where can I buy a CARB muffler? I found a CARB legal cat online, but if I just have a non-CARB replacement muffler to go with it, will I be able to pass smog? Or is there even such a thing? Because a rep at carid said I also needed a muffler...it just seems odd since the muffler isn't an emissions device. I just need it to be an OEM replacement, pretty sure I have an exhaust leak somewhere so I don't think I'll pass smog although somehow the car has been passing according to the Carfax.
    Last edited by Curby323; 02-10-2017, 01:32 PM.

Originally posted by Curby323 View Post
    Where can I buy a CARB muffler? I found a CARB legal cat online, but if I just have a non-CARB replacement muffler to go with it, will I be able to pass smog? Or is there even such a thing? Because a rep at carid said I also needed a muffler...it just seems odd since the muffler isn't an emissions device. I just need it to be an OEM replacement, pretty sure I have an exhaust leak somewhere so I don't think I'll pass smog although somehow the car has been passing according to the Carfax.
    No such thing as a CARB muffler. As long as it is performing to specs, you're good to go. If it is a raggedy, rusty, full-o-holes mess, then you need to replace it. Even if you replace the entire exhaust with 2.5" SS mandrel bends, Magnaflow mufflers, etc, you must have a cat with the correct CARB p/n for your vehicle. The cat doesn't have to be welded in so you can put some flanges on each end.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Please let me know where to get the CARB legal cat!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Comment

I got mine from Summit Racing.

Comment

Working...
        X