WTB- Torsen LSD from early Miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB- Torsen LSD from early Miata

WTB type 1 Torsen LSD from 89-93 NA Miata, 3.9 ratio. With or without stub axles. Dont want housing - it's for a swap into my 88 GTX. Shipping to 95842, Sacramento, Ca. Thx-Pat B

Heads up. The 89-93 miata had a viscous differential and not a torsen. The torsen can't be swapped into the Gtx/1.6 miata housing due to being a different size differential. 6" vs 7" iirc.

Comment

I know the OEM lsd is viscous. I have one. I believe Torsen and Mazdaspeed and others made aftermarket mechanical LSD units for the early miatas too.

Comment

Looks like you're right, that no torsens fit na miatas. I'm pretty sure that mazdaspeed and maybe others (OBX?) did make units, though.

Comment

Originally posted by sactopat View Post
          Looks like you're right, that no torsens fit na miatas. I'm pretty sure that mazdaspeed and maybe others (OBX?) did make units, though.
          Torsen do come in NA8 but not NA6 cars.

OBX I believe only makes a unit for the larger 7" housing for the 1.8 Miata and fc NA rx7.

To my knowledge the aftermarket opinions for the 6" diff are all clutch types.

Good luck on the hunt, one day I hope to do the clutch type rear swap, hell id be happy with a vlsd as I believe mine is an open rear currently.

Comment

A rare bird for sure. Troll on some Japan auctions and one might pop up. MazdaComp used to sell a 1.5 and a 2.0 plate type LSD but I am sure those are depleted. I have the 2.0 which locks on accel and decel and works very well going into and powering out of corners. I do have a Miata VLSD with stub axles to let go if interested.

Comment

Working...
            X