Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vacuum hose help please! Where's the cruise control vacuum hose connect to the intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum hose help please! Where's the cruise control vacuum hose connect to the intake

Hi,

I recently replaced the alternator on a 2003 Protege with a 2L engine. When I removed the cruise control unit, I knocked a hose off the intake manifold (I assume that's where it went) that goes to the cruise control unit. Does anyone have a diagram or photo of where this hose connects?

Thanks,
    Pete

please take a picture so we know which hose exactly you're talking about.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

The vehicle's 30 miles away!

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
      please take a picture so we know which hose exactly you're talking about.
      I'd love to take a picture, but I won't be seeing the car again for another week. When I get there I'd like to know where the hose connects. The cruise control unit under the hood, mounted on the right strut tower, only has one vacuum hose connected to it. Anyone out there got a 2003 protege with a 2L engine and cruise control?

Thanks,
      Pete

Comment

i'll try to remember to take a look tomorrow when im out driving it.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Here are the pictures. I realize now that the vacuum hose is not for the cruise control unit. Instead, it is just connected to an electrical component located near the cruise control actuator. The connected end is located centered in the photo near the bottom (to the left of the strut tower. If you follow the hose, you'll see that it is insulated. The insulation is a softer black hose material that it runs inside of. The unattached end of the hose is located about 6" above the yellow dip stick. If you could tell me where to find the port that this other end connects to, I would really appreciate it. The pictures seem to be turned 90 degrees to the left, so the picture was taken from the left fender looking into the engine compartment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	protegepicture2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	1243625Click image for larger version

Name:	protegepicture2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	1243625
          Last edited by kaarj2002; 03-19-2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X