LX/DX Brake pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LX/DX Brake pads

Depending on the supplier you may come across a choice between Lx/Dx or SOHC/DOHC or Rear Disk/Drum. As far as I know, from the factory these was no "mix and match" if you got an LX it was DOHC with rear disks. If you got a DX you got the SOHC and rear drums. Anyways the front brakes are different. With an LX you got a bigger brake. Its a "taller" spindle that moves the caliper mount away from the rotor "hat" allowing for a larger brake pad. As far as I can tell the caliper and rotor are interchangeable. I bring this up, because I had some difficulty in getting parts for the 323. The taller pads do not fit on the smaller set up, but it is not real obvious when you doing the job. They almost fit. Anyways, you have to be smarter than the parts guy if you want to get the right parts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1289.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	333.8 KB
ID:	1274187

Yes, fortunately down here in Florida I have had pretty good luck with BG parts (surprisingly). They are pretty good about keying in the DOHC variant and not just looking up protege brakes. I feel bad for the 323 guys because that is probably confusing as all hell for parts counter.

Just for the sake of having a nice thread, maybe you can list that number/letter combo that distinguishes the LX/DX calipers?
    1991 Protege LX 5MT, P/S, A/C, NOW Sun Roof!

Comment

13v vs 14v cast onto the outer cap that bolts to the physical caliper itself
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
      X