Intro to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro to me

I found this site because I need advice on how to remove and reinstall an Engine in a 2003 Mazda Protege. It threw a rod out the oil pan I'm told.The car is a girl friends and she loves it so... I'm 64, live in Independence MO and been wrenching for 45 years but I always like to do my homework before working on a vehicle I haven't played with before.

Greetings, and Welcome!

Comment

welcome!
      get your hands on a service manual & that will help alot
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Welcome, It's pretty straight forward most guys can pull and reinstall by them self in a few hours.

Brake free Axel nuts and lug nuts. Get car on stands or blocks.
        Drain oil and trans fluid.
        Drain radatior remove hoeses and pull radiator with fans attached.
        Disconnect the engine harness and fold aside, be careful with old connectors.
        Disconnect the knuckles from the struts and fold toward the back of the car. Beat the axels out of the transmission with a sledgehammer, they are held in the transmission with clips. The passenger axle can be removed from the half shaft but is much easier to remove the whole assembly from the transmission.
        Remove the power steering pump and AC compressor folding away from the engine towards the front of the car support them with some bungee cords. Now you are ready to hoist it out. Get replacement motor mounts. They will all be broken.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X