Hello! How are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! How are you?

I'm doin' meh. I have a 1990 Mazda Protege LX with a 1.6 liter DOHC, fun little whip, but it's been dead since this recent Winter, and it's a to fix.

Winter is harsh here in Minnesota, but I had new X-Ice Xi3's on, and it was pretty fun while it lasted. Now that it's summer, it's overheated and it has a pretty major Oil Leak, because it doesn't have fans. I'm putting on two 12 Fans and a new Radiator, then I want to work on a new Windshield before Turbo.

She was capable of 140 for 5 Minutes on my way home
    Only weighs ~2100 no Driver, and I got her for I think $2000 off of Ebay. I'll be honest, she's a little rigged, but I have lots of future plans if I can find the parts

Here's what he said he's done to it:
    "2.25" exhaust
    Thrush chamber muffler
    Iacv delete
    Ac delete
    Power steering delete
    Guted trunk
    Sits roughly 5" off the ground on some ebay coil overs
    Whole front end from steering to cv axles are all new
    Had the engine striped down to bare head and block an re did all the gaskets
    2nd owner and very little rust
    Cold air intake
    Custom hood for better air aspiration. (I would love to put the old style, if I recall correctly, Challenger air scoops that gutted a Light in place for an intake, and dumped it through the hood?)
    Louder vents
    Hi flow fuel filter
    Rebuilt injectors
    Hard line radiator hoses
    It was a build for a hx55 turbo."

It's basically a whippy little Go-Kart

pictures of this car??
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Sounds nice! Why 1.6 liters though?
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
      X