Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member and BJ chassis owner at the same time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member and BJ chassis owner at the same time!

Hey everyone, I found CP when searching around on Google looking for information on the '02 ES I'm in the process of acquiring. I started reading posts on different topics and found lots of good stuff! I think goldstar might be my new hero with his detailed and informative posts.

I would like to start sharing some of my own projects/procedures once I get settled in with the new hot rod and its prodigious 130 bhp. My particular example of the class comes to me from my best friend of 40 years; it was his Dad's and always had everything done by the book. I know its entire history and have the documentation on any work ever done on it. It's totally stock, unmolested and kind of a cream puff. I'm planning on making a few changes. Thank you Todd!

I look forward to working on it myself; it has been a long time since I have had something like this that captured my interest that can be my daily.

Welcome! Goldstar is everyone's hero. I like your enthusiasm.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Thanks, me109! Yeah, I kind of figured that about Goldstar. Hmmm, I wonder if his ears are burning? I have the beast now and will, as time permits, begin with thorough cleaning in and out.

Comment

Pictures?
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Comment

I'm here! Work has been busy. Yes, I have a few pictures now. It took me a minute to fumble around a little and figure out how to use this tool until I found that it defaults to the basic mode; it doesn't look anything like the screenshots in the newbie "Welcome" mail I got from FE3-323.
          20170917_163409.jpg20170928_120308.jpg20170928_120229.jpg
          Attached Files

Comment

holy crap thats clean! & sorry the directions threw you off. i'll have to revisit what i setup & see if it needs updating
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Very clean indeed. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
              1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
              ├┼┤
              2 4 R

Comment

Working...
              X