Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Just posting here so I can post on the portion of the site I really want to I own a 97 protege, and am getting a diagnostic code error - but I think the 97 protege must be the least popular version of the car from the lack of pictures/videos etc about it!

Welcome!! The whole BHA chassis (95-98) is the least popular generation. But there are a few crazies who love these cars, myself included. I have a '97 also.

Comment

Welcome! It's slightly more popular now that you're here. Don't give up on it.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
        Welcome!! The whole BHA chassis (95-98) is the least popular generation.
        It's because Mazda body designers had a 'let's make it look like a Honda/Toyota' brain fart!

Big welcome to the OP though.

Comment

Really? I figured it was because of the lack of aftermarket and interchangeable parts. Unless it has a BP from the factory, no enthusiasts seem to want it. Hopefully I can change some peoples' minds soon.

Comment

No offense dude as I was just remarking how 'plain' the generic base model of the 97 Protege looked and was similar to the offerings from Honda & Toyota at the time.

1997_mazda_protege_sedan_lx_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

97 Honda Civic

1997 Honda Civic api-model-year-image.ashx.jpg

96 Toyota Corolla

1996-toyota-corolla-frontside_tocor961.jpg

However, your 97 is banging and I enjoy reading how much work you've done with her.

Comment

No offense taken, you have a valid point. I was just referring to our specific community when it comes to popularity of the BHA chassis compared to BF, BG or BJ. The lesser popularity of the car in the general market would be attributed to what you've stated, as well as it being well behind Toyota and Honda when it comes to performance and size/comfort.

And thank you. I really hope to put some actual work into it again soon. Lately it's just been maintenance and now getting it ready for winter.

Comment

Yeah you are right it’s not very popular but my 97 has a bp so it’s fun to drive. Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Aaaaaaand now were all jealous. Thanks a lot

Comment

Opps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X