• Show
Clear All

Very special 1990 Mazda Protege LX, one owner

Click image for larger version

Name:	Proto-A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1275119

Purchased new, only 186,622 miles (usually only driven during ski season in recent years), timing belt changed four times, brakes and struts replaced as needed, half shafts, radiator, power steering reservoir, electric cooling fan, cooling hoses, oil cooler O-ring. Front and rear strut tower bars added, rear tie bar, all four speakers replaced (rotted away), always passes emissions, cat replaced twice, cat-back SS exhaust installed (thank you Deadly Sleeper), MSW wheels (black with red stripe) and great rubber, full sized spare, spare tire cover replaced with body color painted plywood (much sturdier than stock, I used to put a lot of SCUBA tanks in the trunk), updated headlights, turn indicators, and rear tail lights, updated grille (stock grill included as are many spares), extra new hood and both front fenders, MSD 6A installed, Taylor wires, Cold Air Intake (not installed), repair manual, oil pan replaced (chasing down a leak, turned out to be the oil cooler O-ring, and modified the interior of the pan to address drain back from some casting ribs). Priced for the Forum at only $1250.00.

Name:	Proto-B.jpg
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	1275120

This bumper sticker got me pulled over once, the police didn't think it was funny. I pulled the bumper cover myself out of a wrecking yard and never noticed it, not even when I installed it...

Name:	Proto-H.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1275121

Name:	Proto-G.jpg
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1275122

As soon as other photos load I will post. Thank you.
    1990 Mazda Protege LX, owned since new

So, back in town, with more information on the car. Concerning reliability, I had a gig out of town so I drove from Idaho to Virginia in the middle of the winter and then afterwards made the same drive back. No muss, no fuss. It is a great car, but it sits and I would rather someone was using it who would appreciate it.

Name:	Proto-F.jpg
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1245209

Name:	Proto-H.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1245210

Comment

why is it mismatched colors??
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

It's two tone...

Comment

The car was introduced to an elk, and spun, so I had it professionally repaired and I provided the parts. Black fenders and hood didn't sit with me so I went to the local yard and pulled the front and rear bumper covers and the front fenders and hood and the grille. All straight and all right.

Comment

Hood, fenders, grille and many other spares are included with the purchase. Did I mention the Corksport exhaust?

Comment

I never planned on making any money on this, God knows that ship has sailed, but I thought there would be some interest on this forum. I hated thinking someone would buy it as mere transportation, my plan was for an enthusiast.
              Last edited by Proto-G; 12-03-2017, 05:14 PM. Reason: Can't spell...

Comment

Posted in craigslist today, I wanted you folks to have the first chance. Thank you.

Comment

Did I mention the mounted and balanced snow tires on the OE rims?

Comment

You guys had first dibs on this, it sold.

Thank you for all of the help over the years.

Comment

hopefully its gone to a good owner!
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                      X