Excessive oil from valve cover vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessive oil from valve cover vent

I just Swapped my bp26 head to a bp4w that was done professionally, now it's blowing oil out of the vent. I never,ever had a drop of oil from the orig. head and ran it open, always. I did swap the cover as well for a nicer one as well.j
    The car was fine prior to the swap. It's not burning oil, the engine is running good, at this moment I am not too worried about blow by. Could it be the valve cover? Or something else I am over looking?
    First thing I thought was the new head is doing a much better job at sealing compression, and it's blow by.
    It ran fine prior and did not burn oil and obviously did not blow by.
    I'm swapping in the old cover. I am not going to vent that back into my intake that's for sure.
    Oh, and it's the same old original pcv valve. Any ideas guys?
    Attached Files

both pvc ports blow outwards.
    have you checked inside the valve cover under the pvc plates?
    have you dont a leak down test?
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I think it was the valve cover! I swapped it and stuck a water bottle on the end with a bit of hose, went for a very short drive and it came up clean. I will take it out tomorrow and let you guys know either way. GD if that was it!
      It was putting out oil in the garage when I Had it first fired up before a drive for crying out loud.
      It's idling now and looks ok as well.
      If that was the problem...crazy.I had read of people taking the baffles apart Cleaning them up nice and not "sealing" them up afterwards and having problems,this cover is dirty as $&&@ inside and looks orig.

Here's hoping.

Comment

fingers crossed your issue is solved!!! let us know asap
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

So like I mentioned previously. I swapped the valve cover back to my original one.

I finally had time this afternoon to wring the gtx out for a good bit.

the new head was dead quiet, car ran AMAZING in the cooler temps. No smoke out back, and pulled like freight train,heh heh.

Got home and the plastic water bottle attached to the valve cover vent was dry!
          Thank you,thank you,thank you!
          I thought it had to be the cover, but when you are dealing with the gtx, you just never know really.

That was a really strange event....the cover looks like it never had been effed with.
          I'm taking it apart!

Edit, uh oh, post number is not in my favour ..........
          Last edited by nickz; 11-03-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Oh my god. I hate these effing computer,lap tops,tablets!!!!! And phones!!!! I'm too old for this,sigh. Effing fifth try to post this with a pic. Eye ya ya.

Okay took the cover apart, can't believe a bad chamber (the pcv side) would make a motor spray!
            Not the cause of oil cake,but the sealant gone bad, if you look.
            The motor was spraying (not literally ) with this cover,it's not now and never ever did.it was so I thought the motor was lame or the pcv was bad. Nope.
            Note the busted off pcv dead in the corner.
            Attached Files

Comment

interesting!! again glad to hear you got it resolved

Comment

Working...
              X