Flywheel and clutch combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flywheel and clutch combo

Hi, I have a fidanza flywheel from a protege bp dohc fwd and would like to know if I can install it on my Familia gtr awd keeping the gtr clutch.
    Thank you

I don't believe so. The flywheels are very different, if I remember right, and the GT-R clutch is quite a bit larger.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Ok, thank you for the info:-)

Comment

It might work just fine. But the only way to find out is to look at the relevent dirty greasy bits once they are outta the car. I know I have run fidanza bpt wheels on gtr cranks, and all manner of clutches bolted to them. Trouble is there have been too many of those combos, on 3 different cars, for me to be able to remember, and say yes that works or no it doesn't.
        When you have everything apart, one thing to look VERY carefully at is the crank pocket. One of my flywheel/gtr crank combos had the pocket in the flywheel being just a tiny bit too small for the crank. So we put it on, bolted it down, thought everything was fine, and wondered why the clutch didn't work right on test drive. Guess who got to take the whe damn thing apart again and then put a different flywheel on....
        Then there's the potential for the clutch step on the front of the flywheel being the wrong height and preventing the clutch from behaving.
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Ok, thanks! ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X