Possible new project ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible new project ??

So, I have been playing around with the idea of maybe.... MAYBE swapping my BT6 motor, tranny and other related parts, into a B2200 truck (for the fun of it and I miss my old truck).

Does anybody on this forum have any history or information that might be useful in helping me to decide whether or not to try this? If, after I learn more, think that it is too difficult, too time consuming, involves too many custom modified parts, then maybe I will stick with a different plan. However, if someone has done this before and says it wasn't a big deal or the parts are not that hard to get a old of, I just might go for it.

I first wonder about things like mating my motor with a Miata tranny. Is this a simple bolt on situation?

If I find the right tranny that simply bolts up, do I have to make a custom link to connect the stock truck drive shaft to the tranny?

Do I need to make custom tranny mounts?

Custom motor mounts?

Does the hole in the tunnel for the shifter have to be cut because it is not in the right location?

How about hooking up the speedo cable? Does either stock one work?

The other stuff I am thinking of isn't a bother to me.... Custom radiator hoses, placement of intercooler, etc.

I am think that it might be easier to drop in an F2T if I can find a good donor.

What do you guys think?

I first wonder about things like mating my motor with a Miata tranny. Is this a simple bolt on situation? YES, Miata trans will bolt right up the B6 or B6T, can also Hybrid the Miata and FC NA transmission

If I find the right tranny that simply bolts up, do I have to make a custom link to connect the stock truck drive shaft to the tranny? Don't know

Do I need to make custom tranny mounts? Most likely. As I know for a fact the Miata Trans won't work. Now you maybe able to get lucky and use the FC NA transmission Gear or tail section and get similar mounting point.

Custom motor mounts? Don't know as I am not sure what motor is in the B2200 to start with, but more then likely as I know the Miata mounts won't work on B6T due to the turbo hitting the Mounts

Helped with what knowledge I have

Comment

Originally posted by Wildfire0310 View Post
      I first wonder about things like mating my motor with a Miata tranny. Is this a simple bolt on situation? YES, Miata trans will bolt right up the B6 or B6T, can also Hybrid the Miata and FC NA transmission

If I find the right tranny that simply bolts up, do I have to make a custom link to connect the stock truck drive shaft to the tranny? Don't know

Do I need to make custom tranny mounts? Most likely. As I know for a fact the Miata Trans won't work. Now you maybe able to get lucky and use the FC NA transmission Gear or tail section and get similar mounting point.

Custom motor mounts? Don't know as I am not sure what motor is in the B2200 to start with, but more then likely as I know the Miata mounts won't work on B6T due to the turbo hitting the Mounts

Helped with what knowledge I have
      Hhhmmm a turbo bp in a mazda p/u. That’s the makings of a drift truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X