Soon to be owner of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon to be owner of...

Hey Clubprotoge. Just another small time car enthusiast that’s found his way into the wonder that is Mazda.

I’m a casual autocross/rallycrosser that is going to buy a car that fills three major checks. A daily driver, a rally cross and and auto cross machine! I’ve been doing some research on platforms from various car manufacturers that would be perfect for my needs.

Now I’m a Nissan kid, owning everything from a ‘74 Z, 240sx, to an SE-R and everything in between (even a couple infiniti’s In there). Now to cut to the chase, as I’m sure you guys have figured out, I’ve stumbled across the protoges. A ‘00 ES to be exact. Here is the craigslist add, as I am going to look at the car this evening and as long as there is no terminally fatal issues with it, I will be a proud new owner of a Protoge 😁.

Now my plans for the car is to keep it as reliable as possible. It will remain as stock as can be to keep me in the stock unmodified classes in SCCA events. I’ll be posting my progress, ideas and questions on this wonderfully knowledge filled site as I go down my journey.

Before I make this thread any longer, I’m going to stop here and wait until I actually have the car before writing anymore. Nice to meet you all and can’t wait to be a true part of the Protoge community.

-RedHedTed

welcome
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Okay, just drove 99 miles home with my New, not so new, Protoge!

She drove great, sounds like the catalytic converter will have to be replaced soon. Maybe a wheel bearing or two upfront.

Everything works from power windows/locks, key fobs, sunroof and cruise control.

I really enjoyed driving the car. The 1.8 was very happy to rev and play. The transmission is very notchy and easy to navigate. The gearing is nice and short.

IMG_1664.jpg
      Here she is at home until tomorrow.

Comment

Welcome to the Mazda Family!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
        My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Working...
        X