master cylinder, proportioning valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

master cylinder, proportioning valve

i know this **** has ben coverd a million plus times but here it is again......
    Rear Disc Brake Swap
    i have striped my wrecked LX of its rear brake calipers, roaters, and the lines attached to them........my question......the master cylinder and the proportioning valve look the same on the LX and on the DX.......whats the diff in them? and the proportioning valve that i have to swap.....is this the 1 under the hood where the fluid goes into a splitter type thing from the pedal to all 4 brakes or the 1 in the back on the sub frame?......and whats the diff in the master cylinders? they both look EXACTLY the same....if i do have to swap them must i mess with the "power brake unit" (reset the vacume ****) or does the master cylinder not mess with that??

thanx
    shaun
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

ok......my chiltons manual says i need to use a vacume pumper thingy to create a vacume in the brake booster......is there a way i can do that with out the vacume thing? cuz i dont have 1

thanx
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.