Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 lbs per with tires is damm good. You get 1 (one) Gold Star.
    2002.5 DX Sedan, Garnet Red Mica, PIAA Headlights, Racing Beat MP3 springs, Tokico HP struts, Injen CAI, MSP axle-back exhaust, MSP S.T. brace, Mod-o-fied AWR 19MM rear bar, AWR end-links F/R, 16x7 alloys w/Paradas(street), 15x6 Miata OEM alloys w/Falken Azenis(Solo II STS), personalized plates "VTC FREE"
    I remember the days of racing when the the Drivers were Fat and the Tires were Skinny.

Comment

for anybody in the cali or surrounding areas that want some of the 90-97 7 spoke wheels, i found this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...474572440&rd=1
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

i have Enkei RPF1s on my car. i'll try and get some pics, i don't know how to post em though.

i'm thinking about switching the hubs and brakes to the later Proteges and putting the 17s on my car, the only problem is i have to get rid of the 4x100 and lose the RPF1s 9lbs weight.
        13.66@102

Comment

ssr competitons and spoon sw388's are both light wright, they are expensive though, the spoon rims look like they are flat black and the ssr's are pretty but they are both pretty costly.

also look at advan's or volk

Comment

SSR comps are very light (9.3lbs) for 15x7

Too bad they're ass-expensive
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

Does anyone have pics of the Heliums on a protege?

Comment

my sig image has 17" heliums on my 323... I have an image around somewhere with the same wheels on my 1g... Lemme find it....

^^ Protege is not lowered at all.
                Dan
                dreesemonkey

Comment

Awesome, thanks, at first I didn't think I liked them, but I've definitely changed my mind!

Comment

I have the 12.3 lbs 7 spoke wheel and noticed a big difference from the stock steelies- even with the yokahama A520's which are fairly heavy tires.
                    98 protege lx 1.8l
                    short ram intake custom
                    crane hi-6 ign.
                    14 miata alloy wheels
                    .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

son of a bitch !!! i just found the link to miata wheels today. I've always thought that the 7 spoke 90-93 rims weigh 8-9lbs. It weighed 12.3 just like kansei said. I was looking at the wrong pic when i got this rims. I was looking at the bbs LE 8.5lbs. DAMN!
                      Now im gonna end up selling this **** till i get that bbs...

Comment

90-93 miata 7 spoke wheel....12.3lbs w/ out tires

Comment

I know its Honda, but the 1997 or 1998 Honda Del Sol factory alloy rims are very light, don't know the numbers, but have lifted them and are very light. Will fit any 323, Protege, GT...

The Rota line are kind of light, one thing is the Rota factory paint tend to peel and crack after time. Friends sandblast them and repaint them again. Light rims indeed.

Last edited by WTF; 05-28-2004, 09:13 AM.

Comment

yeah, i know what you mean about the honda rims. the del sol rims are the 5 spoke, and are almost exactly like the 5 spoke gsr rims which i have on my car. they are hella light and look good too. they look almost like the 99-00 (something like that) protege 5 spoke rims.
                            Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

hate to break the ice here guys but the 5 spoke gsr rims weigh atleast 16lbs a piece and the del sol atleast 14 lbs.

the lightest wheels honda have is the 11lbs hx 14". That is y every honda fanatic have one in their garage for racing.

Comment

14" hx rims i painted it flat black...this is the one that weigh 11 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X